6. J.T. Miller
7. Kevin Hayes

rangers12s-1-web.jpg

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Likely will be between Vesey and Buch.

This one is tough, but I'm going by only NEXT season, not full potential since this isn't a prospect poll.

Vesey will IMO have the better season so he's getting my vote this round.

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
Likely will be between Vesey and Buch.

This one is tough, but I'm going by only NEXT season, not full potential since this isn't a prospect poll.

Vesey will IMO have the better season so he's getting my vote this round.

Went with the same logic, Vesey will have the better season however Buch has the potential to blow Vesey out of the water over the next few.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Both Vesey and Buchnevich will be having transitional rookie seasons.

I think both will be good players for the Rangers. This is tough.

I voted Vesey, but it could really go either way. They each bring different skillsets to the team, and both of them are valuable.

Both will have their share of struggles and transitioning this season. Neither will walk onto the team and be amazing.

I think they both will be more valuable to the team next season than players like Lindberg, Fast, Gerbe, etc.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
gonna get shot for this but Pirri

gets really murky here because all the forwards are either young or kinda one dimensional

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
So Glass should go before Buch and Vesey with that logic.

Glass should absolutely go. As far away from this team as possible. Buch will most likely be better than Oscar - he might also be better than Miller and Kreider. But we don't know yet. Vesey may or may not be better than Oscar, but we don't know yet. We DO know that Glass is useless and if Buch and Vesey don't turn out better than him, ranking them doesn't matter anyway.

mti79

May 11, 2007
Sticking with Grabner. Has shown that he can play in all aspects of the game and be extremely productive. As of right now, he's a better forward than Buch, Vesey or anyone else not already on the list.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
tough one between grabner, buch, lindberg, and vesey.

went buch strictly on skill level, though my brain is telling me Grabner.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
There should be a standard on what we mean by the best player. Is it the best player today or the most value in a trade? Grabner is likely to be better than Butcher this season, but has nowhere near the trade value. This causes confusion since people are ranking guys based on different standards.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
If we're going by overall potential, I still think it's a pretty close gap between Buch and Vesey, possibly with the slight nod to Buch.

If I'm choosing the best player as of right now out of that forward group, it's a toss-up between Grabner and Pirri, with Fast and Lindberg right behind.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
There should be a standard on what we mean by the best player. Is it the best player today or the most value in a trade? Grabner is likely to be better than Butcher this season, but has nowhere near the trade value. This causes confusion since people are ranking guys based on different standards.

Eh, I'm not sold at all that Grabner will be better than half the players on the list still. He couldn't even crack 20 points last season playing almost every game. It's much more likely Vasey or Buch will hit 40 points than Grabner. Not saying any of them will, but just more likely.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
With all of the hype from some here, if it's not Buch, it will be disappointing, to say the least.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
I went with Pavel, but had a lot of trouble determining how to choose. Should I base it on potential or past play? While guys like Lindberg & Fast have played, we certainly know that they don't have ceilings as high as Buch or Vesey. In short, I understand a vote for Buch or Vesey based on potential, but I also understand not voting for them because they have not even played an NHL game yet.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
I think we all hope the prospects vesey and buch Rock

Gonna say vesey since I read he's 3rd line ready now atleast . Buch may be better later

Truthfully haven't watched either enough so it's all a guess

Lindberg and fast are the more reliable bets since I've seen them and know they are defensively reliable atleast

Pirri one dimensional and grabner is not what he used to be but still a good pk 4th liner

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
I went with Pavel, but had a lot of trouble determining how to choose. Should I base it on potential or past play? While guys like Lindberg & Fast have played, we certainly know that they don't have ceilings as high as Buch or Vesey. In short, I understand a vote for Buch or Vesey based on potential, but I also understand not voting for them because they have not even played an NHL game yet.

I'm voting on who I think will be the better player for the upcoming season.

There is no wrong answer though, everyone is free to vote how they want based on their own criteria.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
tough one between grabner, buch, lindberg, and vesey.

went buch strictly on skill level, though my brain is telling me Grabner.

Buch has been compared to Panarin. How could he not be better than Grabner? Grabner is barely an NHL player, right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad