BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
1. Rick Nash
2. Mats Zuccarello
3. Derek Stepan
4. Mika Zibanejad
5. Chris Kreider

chris-kreider-of-the-new-york-rangers-celebrates-his-goal-late-in-the-picture-id493228095

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
I like Hayes, but I'm a big fan of Miller and voted for him. Has moves & hard shot, can score, can set you up, always in high gear, will check you in to next week, will fight you. Miller plays with much passion. Hayes is extremely good at handling the puck and seeing plays develop...but he is not the package Miller is. That said, Hayes has the ability to pass Miller on this list (high ceiling as a playmaker) ... he just needs to have a comeback year and take it to the next level.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Who knows maybe Pavel Buch. will have a breakthrough year early - no one knows for sure. It`s just speculation at this point until we start the season.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Wrt Miller vs Hayes I really couldn't pick one based on hockey skills. Intangibles - Miller shows leadership qualities that I don't see in Hayes. So it is Miller for me by the slightest of margin.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
so its really interesting that the only guys after JT and Hayes getting votes are the 2 Rookies,
been saying for weeks we have a top 7 and a bottom 11 (including Hrivik to the list used here)
Pirri, Fast, Lindberg, Lindberg, Gerbe, Jooris
(a) have had their NHL moments
(b) but are almost interchangeable (yes they have different strengths)
(c) or replaceable by Vesey, Buch, Jensen or Hrivik

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
so its really interesting that the only guys after JT and Hayes getting votes are the 2 Rookies,
been saying for weeks we have a top 7 and a bottom 11 (including Hrivik to the list used here)
Pirri, Fast, Lindberg, Lindberg, Gerbe, Jooris
(a) have had their NHL moments
(b) but are almost interchangeable (yes they have different strengths)
(c) or replaceable by Vesey, Buch, Jensen or Hrivik

Why did you put rookies with the second group? Granted, they are not proven at the NHL level but they are clearly different from the rest in the group.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Why did you put rookies with the second group? Granted, they are not proven at the NHL level but they are clearly different from the rest in the group.

my point is they are not in that top 7 yet
that there are ~7 spots that can be considered 'up for grabs'

and i said they might bump any of the other proven NHL guys
not sure why that would seem unfair or negative

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
my point is they are not in that top 7 yet
that there are ~7 spots that can be considered 'up for grabs'

and i said they might bump any of the other proven NHL guys
not sure why that would seem unfair or negative

Not unfair or negative. My point was there will be only 4-5 positions up for grabs. Just a matter of perspective.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad