Ranking the Forwards: #1

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Figured I steal this from the Devils board, something we've never done before but could lead to some good discussion.

Each poll will last only 24 hours so it will wrap up before training camp starts and the prospect poll starts. We will go to 15.

I'll add someone else from the forward roster as we continue, start it off with 12 (think that is more than enough).

Last edited:

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Zuci looks better for each year in NHL it seems.
I think he can get between (70-80) pts. season - if they manage to find the great line chemistry with our new #center ZIBANEJAD. :)
Although I`m not certain if he will play with Stepan or Zinbanejad.
It will be less overall pts. with Stepan as center, because he is more defensive minded player - so exciting for a new season now! :nod:

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
It's 32 year old Rick Nash, which I'm unenthusiastic about.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Well, if we're going to rank them all, that'll take quite a while THIS offseason. :)

As of right now, Nash, then Zucc, then Step.

Next year, I have a feeling that the top of the list will look very different...

EDIT: I presume you'll be adding guys like Grabner and Gerbe as guys come off the list?

EDIT #2: who is this Derek Stapan you speak of...?

Jun 25, 2013
www.tannerglassisthebest.com
Well, if we're going to rank them all, that'll take quite a while THIS offseason. :)

Next year, I have a feeling that the top of the list will look very different...

EDIT: I presume you'll be adding guys like Grabner and Gerbe as guys come off the list?

Lol spell check was like no its Stapan :laugh:

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Nash is the most complete player, and can be played confidently in all situations. He is also the most dangerous. Last year was an injury-riddled exception.

You 'Orns!
Feb 11, 2004
Mannahatta
After the last two playoffs and and the last one regular season, it's easy to forget just how good he is, but I think you still have to respect Rick Nash.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland

This. But Nash has a lot of good hockey to play to prove it this year. Hopefully he shows up healthy and motivated and goes on a 50 goal pace, is dealt at the TDL for a Motherload and fades into obscurity elsewhere while we hit the Jackpot with the new assets...

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I wish I had the same faith about Nash as some other people do.

This is what I expect from Nash--that he's going to slot somewhere in our top 9 and he's going to score some goals and put up some points. The question is how many/much?

I'm hoping that AV takes him off the penalty kill rotation--I mean that's kind of the point of signing guys like Grabner, Jooris and Gerbe isn't it? and Zibanejad was also a regular on the Ottawa penalty kill. So I think we shouldn't have Nash wasting any excess energy in purely defensive situations. The Rangers should instead focus on getting as much offense out of him as possible. I don't know though if AV is going to do that. It's just that I think he should.

....and it's not that Nash doesn't kill penalties well--he's actually pretty good at it--but the reason he's making $7.8 mil per is not to kill penalties it's to score goals. That's what we need him to do more than anything else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad