I would say:

Jets

Leafs

Flames
Oilers
Canucks

Habs
Sens

For me, right now, Jets are clearly the best. Leafs clearly second. Flames are third because I like their young core and I put the Oilers just above Vancouver because of McDavid, though both teams have good young players. Habs and Sens are a tier below because they are a bit older and don’t have much going for them, but I put Montreal ahead because I think Price might bounce back and Ottawa traded away a 1st round pick.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Good on you for admitting....not many Leaf fans would admit that here.

Well I don't feel bad about how I ranked the Jets (think I had them missing the playoffs, I'm talking in the summer when the thread was created)

Heck I didn't expect the Leafs to be this good either.

Thing about the Jets is everyone knew they should be really good, but year after year they weren't.

They finally put it together and now they're one of the best teams in the league.

The Leafs are really good too, but the Jets are better at this point and time.

Hopefully this summer we start to see our teams success respected a little more when the next "rank the Canadian teams" come up, especially since we both have so much youth and more upward projection very possible.

Jets and Leafs look like they will be top teams for a long time and that's a new feeling for me personally, let's hope we all have a blast.

Reactions: AnonoJet

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Going back to page 1 of this thread,posters forecasts were miles off of the mark...Just goes to show that reversal of fortune comes very swiftly in the NHL.

Parity is very real and if you aren't already doing at least a bit of a youth movement your team is going to get lost unless you are already a year to year contender.

Thing is all the other Canadian teams bottoming out are going to pick up some talent and they can get started. Might take a couple years but you can turn it around if you draft well and your management has just a little patience with the whole sucking thing.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Well I don't feel bad about how I ranked the Jets (think I had them missing the playoffs, I'm talking in the summer when the thread was created)

Heck I didn't expect the Leafs to be this good either.

Thing about the Jets is everyone knew they should be really good, but year after year they weren't.

They finally put it together and now they're one of the best teams in the league.

The Leafs are really good too, but the Jets are better at this point and time.

Hopefully this summer we start to see our teams success respected a little more when the next "rank the Canadian teams" come up, especially since we both have so much youth and more upward projection very possible.

Jets and Leafs look like they will be top teams for a long time and that's a new feeling for me personally, let's hope we all have a blast.

Agreed, good luck.

One thing though.....national media hyped us for 2-3 years way before it was deserved......people locally didn't expect us to be good year to year (albeit slightly better then we were).....but until we added depth via drafting, dumped Pavs we weren't going any where's TBH. In the summer of 2015 after losing in the first round management stated publically we weren't a good enough team & didn't have the talent to be a good playoff team and stated to the fans we were going young fast.....not a total rebuild but a significant shift in our roster. Over the next two years we dumped Ladd, Thornburn, Pavs, Stuart and a bunch of other dead wood too many to list and went pure skill, speed and youth. Ironically we have the Ducks to thank partly for our success today.....they showed management here we couldn't win long term with that roster and it triggered a retooling of our roster and many vets were gone after that. Plus last year we lead NHL in man games lost due to injury.....last year no team would of survived our injuries. During the summer and TC this year management came out for the first time since relocating and fairly clearly stated publically this is the year were going for it now....which was significant considering our management is fairly conservative group.

Either way we've arrived now, as have the Leafs. Good times ahead for both teams. Cheers!

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Not sure what you're getting at here.. care to elaborate? Majority of people have had Jets>Leafs>the rest for awhile now, and it still looks that way.

I don’t think that’s what his comment was about. Leaf fans have been bragging about they’re success for the past year and as soon as we starting looking better in the regular season the Jets where supposedly gonna be worse than the Leafs in the Playoffs. Now I’m not in for revenge but again ever since last season many Leaf posters have been shiting on the Jets, so it does feel good to know the Jets are seemingly the better team in both areas this year, but that being said both teams are great and both should be the two best teams(maybe Edmonton can jump in there if they hit a heavy turnaround in the next couple seasons) of the future so it’s not a big deal.

Last edited:
Reactions: mike dad bab clock

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I don’t think that’s what his comment was about. Leaf fans have been bragging about they’re success for the past year and as soon as we starting looking better in the regular season the Jets where supposedly gonna be worse than the Leafs in the Playoffs. Now I’m not in for revenge but again ever since last season many Leaf posters have been ****ing on the Jets, so it does feel good to know the Jets are seemingly the better team in both areas this year, but that being said both teams are great and both should be the two best teams(maybe Edmonton can jump in there if they hit a heavy turnaround in the next couple seasons) of the future so it’s not a big deal.
Neither the Leafs nor the Jets have won or lost a playoff series this season, so you seem to be premature in citing playoff success.

Reactions: JetsWillFly4Ever

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Neither the Leafs nor the Jets have won or lost a playoff series this season, so you seem to be premature in citing playoff success.

I never said either won or lost, I simply said the Jets are seemingly the better team in the Playoffs thus far. That can change, I never disputed anything else other than the fact the Jets have been the better regular season team and are currently doing better in the Playoffs.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
This thread is hilarious. So many had the Jets among some of the worst Canadian teams. Even some Winnipeg fans had them in the bottom 3. Hell I had them at 4.

This team has defied all expectations from hardcore fans, casual fans, analysts and professionals in the industry.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
This thread is hilarious. So many had the Jets among some of the worst Canadian teams. Even some Winnipeg fans had them in the bottom 3. Hell I had them at 4.

This team has defied all expectations from hardcore fans, casual fans, analysts and professionals in the industry.

Yes, hindsight is fun.

TheJadePipe

Mar 8, 2016

No it hasn’t... the Jets were always said to have all the tools on paper so why couldn’t they put it together....
Jets fans responded with “health” .. we could never stay healthy... Others proclaimed it was coaching.
There should be no surprise since , on paper we had the skill, on the ice we had less injuries /better depth.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
No it hasn’t... the Jets were always said to have all the tools on paper so why couldn’t they put it together....
Jets fans responded with “health” .. we could never stay healthy... Others proclaimed it was coaching.
There should be no surprise since , on paper we had the skill, on the ice we had less injuries /better depth.

Oh they definitely have. We have defied every expectation put out in the beginning of this thread by two country miles.

Do or Die

Jun 28, 2011
Jets were already pretty good (talent wise) 5 on 5. Add Helly and improved PP and presto!

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
For the Jets it was always about getting a consistant goalie,they had the pieces last season...Hellboy maturing has been the tonic for an already highly skilled squad

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad