rank these goaltending prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

grapeshine

Dec 9, 2002
Visit site
Mackattack said:
1. Carey Price - his rock solid NHL camp and his dominant year with Tri City make him undisputed number 1. Should have a great year with Team Canada.
2. Marek Scwartz- Based on pure talent, he is the best goalie on this list. He had a rough year in the WHL, but thats expected from a young, european goalie. He was awesome that last year's WJC.
3. Al Montoya- Has great skill, but has big question marks mentaly. An average NHL camp. We'll see what he can do in the AHL
4. Tukka Rask- A great talent, but hasn't played enough high level competition to peg him too high (he'll get that chance this year). He's still at least 3 years away, but is showing great upside.
5. Devan Dubnyk- Is a very inconsistent goaltender. When he's on, he's tough to beat. However when he's off, beach balls are known to be put by him. Needs to be more consistent if he wants to make it in the pro's.
6. Corey Schnider- The jury's out on this guy. At elevated levels (the US Jr team) he is known to choke. Had a solid year, but he had a good Boston College team in front of him this year. I'm just not sold on him (sorry Nucks' fans)

Nice! While I appreciate felixd's sentiment that these lists are just fun to look at (and I do agree with this to a certain extent), the difference here is that I know Mackattack actually put some thought into his list and at least has some actual insight into the quality of each of these prospects.

clay

Aug 25, 2005
Vancouver
1) Carey Price- unbelievable in the chl last year and now in the habs camp.

2) Corey Schneider- has showed great goaltending on all levels, and people seem to forget his performance at the U-18s 2 years ago.

3) Marek Swartz- played well adjusting to north american style hockey last year.

4) Al Montoya- Big goalie with good potential.

5) Tuuka Rask- Great reflexes, but yet too small.

6) Devan Dubnyk- Very overrated. Seems too slow.

Vyse64

N64
Feb 13, 2003
Calgary AB
Kryoptix said:
Dubnyk, devan
Montoya, al
Price, carey
Rask, tuuka
Schneider, corey
Swarz, marek

alphabetical order rock ! :yo:

Price
Montoya
Dubnyk
Schwarz
Rask
Schneider

draft order (highest to lowest) rocks

Habs4ever

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal, (Quebec)
Visit site
i hate to bring down price

but realistically any of this goalie could break out and become better then others.

but afte all is said price could get ahead if he putsup another strong season development wise he would get on par with others with possibly getting starter job in wjc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad