Rank these goalies

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrossCheck

Feb 27, 2002
Hockey home, Canada
Visit site
Lehtonen (but not as dominant as first tought)
Fleury (speedy legs like no-one)
Toivonen (Luongo caliber/style)
Lundqvist (quick, fast positioning)
Dipietro (average #1)
Nittymaki (great back up)
Raycroft (ouch...)

TheRedressor

Oct 3, 2005
Vandalay said:
who will be the best in 2-3 years?

Rank these goalies:

Fleury
Lundqvist
Dipietro
Toivonen
Niitymaky
Lehtonen
Raycroft

Lundqvist-Superstar
Lehtonen-Superstar
Fleury-Superstar
Nittymaki- #1 goalie
DiPietro- #1 goalie
Raycroft- Backup goalie

Skroob*

seeing has how most of these guys are gonna only get better, its scary to think what Lundqvist numbers could improve to, seeing as how he already at 2.06, .928, 16-5-5, and this is in the new higher scoring NHL.

You 'Orns!
Feb 11, 2004
Mannahatta
Lundqvist is so consistent, I don't think his numbers are going to go up that much further: they simply can't. That said, they don't need to -- if he keeps playing at this level throughout his career, which I think he will, he will be ranked as one of the best keepers in the NHL for years to come.

As others have pointed out to me before, Lundqvist is here, he's made it and right now, he's the only one of these players who has really arrived. He's the only one on this list who is being rated on how good he is now, not how good he can become.

Fleury fans can say all they want about how good he is and how good he will be, he still has some improving to do, which is fine, because he's very very young. Lehtonen fans (of which I'm one) can talk about what a complete package he is, he also still has some improving to do.

So, with that out of the way, in 2-3 years?

Lehtonen
Lundqvist/Fleury
Toivonen
Niittyäki/DiPietro
Raycroft

But it's be academic: a lot can happen in 2-3 years, and any one of these goalies can find their games or become total basket cases in that time. I think it's likely that the top three, and perhaps Toivonen, too, will all be so good, that it'll really be impossible to separate them. I only rank Lehtonen ahead of Lundqvist and Fleury in the same way most people would put Roy ahead of Hasek -- it's by a hair, and certainly arguable. You can really put any of the three ahead of the others or rank them all three together.

Jumbo*

1. Lundqvist

2.Lehtonen
3.Fleury

4.Toivonen
5.Niitymaky

6. Dipietro
7. Raycroft

I think some of you need to jump off the "hype train" already. Lehtonen's short early career has been plaqued with injuries. He finally came back and is not very impressive a all, a save % of 88? That is terrible. Lundqvist is 3rd in he entire NHL in save % and GAA, he should be way up on everyones list. Some of you don't know hockey that well im afraid.

You 'Orns!
Feb 11, 2004
Mannahatta
SenFan34567 said:
1. Lundqvist

2.Lehtonen
3.Fleury

4.Toivonen
5.Niitymaky

6. Dipietro
7. Raycroft

I think some of you need to jump off the "hype train" already. Lehtonen's short early career has been plaqued with injuries. He finally came back and is not very impressive a all, a save % of 88? That is terrible. Lundqvist is 3rd in he entire NHL in save % and GAA, he should be way up on everyones list. Some of you don't know hockey that well im afraid.
Have you seen all the Atlanta games? Have you been following Lehtonen's career up close? Can you even spell Niittymäki?

Disagree if you will, but don't come on the board and tell people they don't know anything about hockey, especially if you're only basing your argument on stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad