Rank the Captains over the last 20 Years (Vote for #4)

#4 Best Captain

• Ryan McDonagh

• Chris Drury

• Brian Leetch

Results are only viewable after voting.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
#1. Mark Messier (1991-1997, 2000-2004)
#2. Jaromir Jagr (2006-2008)
#3. Ryan Callahan (2011-2014)

Ryan-Callahan.jpg

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Went with McD. Helped lead the team to the Finals and almost our first cup in 2 decades. Also played in the Conference Finals a year later on a broken foot...ouch, that's some serious dedication.

Drury was a great leader most of his career, unfortunately I felt he mailed it in with the Rangers for part of his tenure with us.

Thordic

StraightOuttaConklin
Jul 12, 2006
Drury, McD, Leetch.

Leetch was terrible as a captain, pretty sure he'd admit it. His play declined while he wore the C. McD always seemed too quiet to be a leader - you can lead by example only so far. Of course I don't know the locker room dynamics but he never seemed super outgoing.

Baby Punisher

Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
Went with McD. Helped lead the team to the Finals and almost our first cup in 2 decades. Also played in the Conference Finals a year later on a broken foot...ouch, that's some serious dedication.

Drury was a great leader most of his career, unfortunately I felt he mailed it in with the Rangers for part of his tenure with us.

Really? I think he tried very hard to put the numbers up and just couldn't repeat that last great year he had with the Sabres. I think Druy's body just failed him so rapidly when he was a Ranger there was nothing he could do to even maintain his production his first year as a Ranger, which wasn't terrible but didn't fit the type of money he was making. IN fact if you look at his stats and take away the last 2 years on the Sabres, the numbers he put up on the Rangers are in line with his carer average.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad