Rank by Top-2 C prospects

Kaizer

Apr 26, 2003
Berlin, Germany
Few days ago I've tried to realise who has the 2nd best duo of young (under 24) centers in the league .. after pens. I've thought it has to be Kings with Kopitar and O'Sullivan but later I've remembered about Brule - Brassard, Carter - Richards, Schremp - Cogliano, Parise - Zajac, Bergeron/Boyes - Kessel ... so rank them or select who has the 2nd best duo of young centers in the league because it's not so clear for me and I want to know :)

dogorman

Aug 11, 2005
Few days ago I've tried to realise who has the 2nd best duo of young (under 24) centers in the league .. after pens. I've thought it has to be Kings with Kopitar and O'Sullivan but later I've remembered about Brule - Brassard, Carter - Richards, Schremp - Cogliano, Parise - Zajac, Bergeron/Boyes - Kessel ... so rank them or select who has the 2nd best duo of young centers in the league because it's not so clear for me and I want to know :)

IMO

Bergeron - Kessel
Carter - Richards
Brule - Brassard
Shremp - Cogliano
Kopitar - O'Sullivan
Parise - Zajac

fullmetalninja

Jan 11, 2003
Chicago
For the hawks it would be:

Ruutu/Toews

Or if you think Ruutu is a Winger:

Toews/Bolland

I don't mind a threesome of Ruutu/Toews/Bolland

-fullmetalninja

Buffalo87

thehosers dot com
Mar 22, 2006
Rochester
For me there is really 3 distinct tiers and this is how I would rank them:

Carter - Richards
Bergeron - Kessel
-------------------------
Brule - Brassard
Kopitar - O'Sullivan
-------------------------
Shremp - Cogliano
Parise - Zajac

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Spezza - Kaigorodov/Vermette?

Certainly better than a few mentioned so far. But Vermette turns 24 in a few days, so it would be Kaigorodov I guess.

insider

Nov 14, 2003
Stoll/Shremp/Pouliot/Cogliano...
pick 2

But seriously, I'd take Frolik/Horton... if Frolik is indeed a C as THN and CSS ranked him

or Bergeron/Kessel

Giantcanuxfan_001

Jul 11, 2006
Vancouver
The oilers don't have the best 2 C's under 24, but they certainly have the most depth...both Schremp & Cogliano are really underrated plus Stoll and all of the others. However, this is how I'd rank it....
Richards/Carter
Bergeron/Kessel
Brule/Brassard
Schremp/Cogliano
Kopitar/O'Sullivan

hexrae

Jun 29, 2006
Peg City
Spezza - Kaigorodov/Vermette?

Certainly better than a few mentioned so far. But Vermette turns 24 in a few days, so it would be Kaigorodov I guess.

I was thinking something like this but can Spezza still be considered a prospect? At least, how we would consider Malkin, Kessel, Brule, etc... prospects? If so, then we could add Staal into the mix. :dunno:

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Parise-Zajac-Vrana as the 1/2/3 combo.

If we're doing 1-2-3, then I'd say O'Sullivan - Kopitar - Boyle.

And if O'Sullivan moves to the wing position, the Kings would have Kopitar - Boyle - Lewis Maybe not the best 1-2-3 then, but it should still be up there.

ryz

Dec 24, 2004
Canada
The oilers don't have the best 2 C's under 24, but they certainly have the most depth...both Schremp & Cogliano are really underrated plus Stoll and all of the others. However, this is how I'd rank it....
Richards/Carter
Bergeron/Kessel
Brule/Brassard
Schremp/Cogliano
Kopitar/O'Sullivan

Schremp underrated?!?!? Considering he picks up 75% of his points on the PP and seems to disapear in WJC's he may be one of the more overrated prospects we've seen in a long time. Comrie anyone?

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I was thinking something like this but can Spezza still be considered a prospect? At least, how we would consider Malkin, Kessel, Brule, etc... prospects? If so, then we could add Staal into the mix. :dunno:
Well, if people are counting Bergeron, then Spezza should be in there.

He didn't say prospects, he said young duo.

daibaffoni

Jul 15, 2006
Schremp underrated?!?!? Considering he picks up 75% of his points on the PP and seems to disapear in WJC's he may be one of the more overrated prospects we've seen in a long time. Comrie anyone?

Overrated...barely. Scremp is a very skilled and higly talented forward. Hes defitnetly not a mediocre player like Comrie. Yes Schremp still has alot to prove but I think he will be a franchise player in Edmonton especially considering he could end up with line mates such as Lupul and Hemsky.

Kaizer

Apr 26, 2003
Berlin, Germany
If you want to name three it would be Schremp-Coglaino-Pouliot

I don't want to rank Top-3 because it's easy to rank them :)
1. Crosby - Malkin - Staal
2. Bergeron - Kessel - Boyes
3. Carter - Richards - Downie
4. Kopitar - O'Sullivan - Boyle
5. Schemp - Cogliano - MAP
6. Brule - Brassard - Pineault
7. Parise - Zajac - Vrana

... well it was not so easy :dunce: but to rank Top-2 is a bit harder ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad