Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
giphy.gif

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
if the idea is to sell, why go and get another coach? Who is there to get? Re-visit it in the offseason
Just fire AV and make Arniel the interim.

IMO, it sets a bad message that this team will look to trade McDonagh before they fire the coach. It seems to me that the FO is much more on board with AV than we like to believe, and not only AV, but AV's vision for this team, which I guess includes superstars like McLeod.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I mean don't get me wrong, I wouldn't be opposed to a new coach, but considering management is going to have to pay AV to leave (he is under contract), they may just stick with AV for now with the (2) very experienced assistants.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Just fire AV and make Arniel the interim.

IMO, it sets a bad message that this team will look to trade McDonagh before they fire the coach. It seems to me that the FO is much more on board with AV than we like to believe, and not only AV, but AV's vision for this team, which I guess includes superstars like McLeod.

Maybe management feels like revamping the roster is more critically important than jettisoning the coach at the moment. Ya know, some of us have been saying that for a while as this board virtually ignored the decaying roster and focused its ire entirely on the coach.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Maybe management feels like revamping the roster is more critically important than jettisoning the coach at the moment. Ya know, some of us have been saying that for a while as this board virtually ignored the decaying roster and focused its ire entirely on the coach.
Maybe management is to blame for the roster being in the state that it's in? Maybe the coach isn't doing anything to help?

Honestly, I'd fire pretty much everyone.

If the return for McDonagh isn't ****ing HUGE, and I mean BIGLY, I'm gonna do HFNYR what it's been dying for me to do and quit on this team until Gorton is fired.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Maybe management is to blame for the roster being in the state that it's in? Maybe the coach isn't doing anything to help?

Honestly, I'd fire pretty much everyone.

The major reason the roster is in it's current state is because Sather abandoned any thoughts of the future for one more shot at glory during the window that just slammed shut. Im not saying AV should stay long-term, but he'll outlive this purge, and he should.

Reactions: TheTakedown

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
I don’t see why we can’t trade the players then fire the coach in the offseason. I don’t see what 20+ games of McDonagh or Zucc with a non playoff roster and interim coach will show us that we don’t know.

This team needs to start fresh. New coach, young players/picks, new direction. The article was extremely nice to read. It seems like the team has the right idea about what to do going forward and isn’t disillusioned about sacrificing the future for a round or two of playoffs.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
When do we start getting to put the blame on Gorton? 2025?

In my opinion, we start putting the blame on him if/when it becomes evident that the returns of this purge aren't working out and building the team back towards competitiveness.

I mean, seriously, what do you want from this guy right now? He inherited a team right at the end of its window with virtually no assets in the pipeline. I was appalled by the Staal deal, but very happy with the Brassard and Stepan deals. He deserves the opportunity to make his imprint on a reconstructed roster, because this core is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad