Pre-Game Talk: Rangers @ Wild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Since the Jets post-game talk is now nothing more than Big Buff suspension talk, let's get a new game discussion going. If we win and the Pens and Isles lose tonight and tomorrow, we will clinch our division. But we are still the favorites to win the Presidents Trophy, so let's go into the playoffs strong.

St. Louis is back. We only went 4-4 without him, so hopefully he gives us a boost to regain our dominance.

gary laser eyes

Apr 6, 2007
Glad to have Marty back. Hopefully he's a bit rejuvenated.

Magic #'s:

Metro division: 4
EAST: 9
President's trophy: 10

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Did AV announce lines yet? I have seen some say Sheppard is getting scratched and I pray to god they're kidding.

No, just practice lines. They are usually indicative of who will play in the next game, however.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Come on guys, Glass scored a goal for once!

It doesn't matter that he turned over the puck with no pressure at all multiple times yesterday, in both zones, and that he couldn't win one on one battles even if his opponents had no arms or legs, or the fact that his disturbing non-ability to forecheck leads to NO offensive zone time for the 4th line.

AV and McDonagh are right, he's great!!!

Oh wait, that logic only applies to Girardi, my bad.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'm starting to get worried that Glass is going to be playing in the playoffs, and Sheppard won't be in the lineup.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Come on guys, Glass scored a goal for once!

It doesn't matter that he turned over the puck with no pressure at all multiple times yesterday, in both zones, and that he couldn't win one on one battles even if his opponents had no arms or legs, or the fact that his disturbing non-ability to forecheck leads to NO offensive zone time for the 4th line.

AV and McDonagh are right, he's great!!!

Oh wait, that logic only applies to Girardi, my bad.

You know this comparison is apples and oranges. Is Girardi married to your sister or something? Did he forget to make you Landon's Godfather? Not a groomsman at the wedding? Forgot your stocking stuffer at Christmas?

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
You know this comparison is apples and oranges. Is Girardi married to your sister or something? Did he forget to make you Landon's Godfather? Not a groomsman at the wedding? Forgot your stocking stuffer at Christmas?

It's actually not apples and oranges, because people love the "Coach is always right!!!" as a trump card, and those times they use it are so very selective.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
It's actually not apples and oranges, because people love the "Coach is always right!!!" as a trump card, and those times they use it are so very selective.

Some people, maybe. Other people take a very long time to dive in deeply to the attributes that may be causing Girardi's inefficiency in the CF% statistic this season -- and it doesn't hurt to have in your back pocket that three coaches over the course of 8 years have used Girardi 20+ minutes a night in every situation :) Not as a 'trump card', but as another way to show Girardi's importance to a lineup.

Just because Glass logs 8 minutes a night and AV refuses to take him out doesn't compare the two. There are no underlying variables to why Glass' CF% number sucks outside of the fact that he himself is just not very good at hockey.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@stevezipay: Art news from #NYR: Lundqvist has name of newborn daughter tattooed on right forearm. Older daughter on left. "You can't just go with one"”

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
At least with Girardi there's no better RD, there's no better option, you can not bench him, even if he was in the top 5 statistically worst players in the entire NHL, which he isn't.

As far as benching Glass, Sheppard is a way better player. In fact it's so obvious, it boggles the mind and Glass does have the honor of being in the top 5 statistically worst players.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
“@stevezipay: Art news from #NYR: Lundqvist has name of newborn daughter tattooed on right forearm. Older daughter on left. "You can't just go with one"â€

If he has another kid will he get that tattooed across his forehead?

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn
“@stevezipay: Art news from #NYR: Lundqvist has name of newborn daughter tattooed on right forearm. Older daughter on left. "You can't just go with one"â€

Neat idea. I was going to do this, but glad I didn't since I have a flock of children.

AWall THE CLAW

Jul 23, 2010
Looking forward to seeing how the Hagelin - Hayes - St. Louis line plays tomorrow. Might have put together 3 legit scoring lines like we had last year during the playoffs.

Praying Glass stinks up the joint tomorrow. Sheppard needs to be in the lineup for the playoffs.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Glad to have Marty back. Hopefully he's a bit rejuvenated.

Magic #'s:

Metro division: 4
EAST: 9
President's trophy: 10

I still cannot believe we are so close to winning the President's Trophy. 2 points behind with 2 games in hand is ridiculous. We have been the team with games in hand all season and look what happens when we catch up with the games played. This is one remarkable season.

Anaheim has 3 home games against Edmonton, Colorado and Dallas, before they finish the season on the road @ Arizona.

Assuming they win all 4, which is not unlikely, we need to win 5 out of our next 6, and our games are:

@ Minnesota
vs. New Jersey
vs. Columbus
@ New Jersey
vs. Ottawa
@ Washington

Edit: I just realized that the Italic option does not do anything when you use it on a quote hahaha

AWall THE CLAW

Jul 23, 2010
I still cannot believe we are so close to winning the President's Trophy. 2 points behind with 2 games in hand is ridiculous. We have been the team with games in hand all season and look what happens when we catch up with the games played. This is one remarkable season.

Anaheim has 3 home games against Edmonton, Colorado and Dallas, before they finish the season on the road @ Arizona.

Assuming they win all 4, which is not unlikely, we need to win 5 out of our next 6, and our games are:

@ Minnesota
vs. New Jersey
vs. Columbus
@ New Jersey
vs. Ottawa
@ Washington

Edit: I just realized that the Italic option does not do anything when you use it on a quote hahaha

The President's Trophy is nice, but I'm not terribly concerned with it. Although, Anaheim's great record against current playoff teams is very impressive; 25-12-4. Ours is 20-14-5 for comparison (15-8-2 since the magical Dec. 8 date). They'll be a tough out for anybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad