Pre-Game Talk: Rangers vs. Stars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
Have Miller down there working with Kristo. Both can come up together.

Miller can't be a 4th liner on this team. 3rd is ideal. No spot, as of now.

Ideally, I'd rather not have Powe or Asham up. I'd love Haley but he's still injured. I read somewhere on here it's for months. He's a great energy player. Him and Kreider have a good relationship. Hope we see him up after the Olympics.

We should see Dorsett come back some time after the Olympics.

Why can't he be a 4th liner? He was great there. I get that it may not be ideal to keep him up if he only gets ~10 minutes a game, but 10 minutes is sure as hell better than the press box.

And all this toughness crap is just crap. How big an impact can Carcillo have if he plays 7 minutes? I get that toughness can be an asset, but it is only an asset if the player in question can take a regular shift. Dorsett can, Prust could absolutely, Carcillo can't.

One of the many, many reasons the Leafs are terrible is that they are dressing at least one goon every night.

BarbaraAlphanse

Why can't he be a 4th liner? He was great there. I get that it may not be ideal to keep him up if he only gets ~10 minutes a game, but 10 minutes is sure as hell better than the press box.

And all this toughness crap is just crap. How big an impact can Carcillo have if he plays 7 minutes? I get that toughness can be an asset, but it is only an asset if the player in question can take a regular shift. Dorsett can, Prust could absolutely, Carcillo can't.

One of the many, many reasons the Leafs are terrible is that they are dressing at least one goon every night.

That will not be his role in the NHL. The quality of the players on our 4th line aren't the best, in terms of hockey sense and ability. Miller should be on the 3rd line because 1) he'll get enough minutes to help him develop but not to overwhelm him and 2) he'll get to play in a position that is indicative of his skill level with players he'll likely be paired with next year.

I don't think putting him on the 4th line is going to help him develop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad