Pre-Game Talk: Rangers vs. Devils 3/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Well, Holik, Gomez, Parise, Kovalchuk all left.

I guess, but still! You do see a handful of Kovalchuk jerseys at the Rock--I don't get the impression it's meant to be ironic either.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
MSG tickets are so expensive it's a good opportunity for Rangers fans to see them at like half the price there. I've yet to be at The Rock, not sure how nice of an arena it is.

I went to a game there a few years ago over a Christmas break. My five year old at the time was asking to go to a hockey game when we visited family over the break. (I'm one of those fans who now can maybe get to one game a year in NYC and have been completely priced out of the Garden). We had second row in the uppers. Very high, very steep, but the sightlines are excellent.

Some decent food choices around the Rock. We ate at Brick City Tavern. I've also heard good things about Dino BBQ. There are also a lot of options inside, but they are quite pricey.

The Devils played Columbus that night. Devils lost in a shootout. Fatso took the loss. Ironic, because I was finally able to wear my Columbus Nash jersey to a game that I bought in 2004.

The funniest thing about the night was me telling my five year old about being able to see one of the greatest goalies to have ever played the game, even though "daddy doesn't like him". She asked about him like a five year old would. And we had a little daddy-daughter time about Brodeur. So, a family of Devil fans, with two kids about my daughter's age is sitting right next to us...the wife, trying to be kind of nice leaned over and said in pure Jersey, "and Marty is pure class." Now my wife, who is usually very quiet, very polite, and very southern, didn't necessarily appreciate the Housewife from Paramus leaning over her to say something as dumb as that, shoots back in her sweetest Southern, "well, I don't know about you Yankees, but in North Carolina, sleeping with your sister-in-law isn't considered classy..."

Those Devil fans didn't say anything the rest of the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad