Series Talk: Rangers vs. Carolina (Game 1, Sunday May 5th @ 4pm ET, ESPN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
The icelanders were barely better than the caps this season and all they did was blow third period leads. The series easily should have gone 6 games. It won't be easy and I'd never say we're a lock to win anything, but we're the better team and honestly, it's disrespectful that we opened up as an underdog.
I lived 8 years in Iceland. 6 in NYC. Do not ever make the mistake of mixing up LongIslanders with Viking descendants. I know they are a corrupt, dishonest and inbred bunch living on that isolated volcanic rock in the Atlantic - which I had to experience to many years of frustration and health demise. But they ain’t no fans of Potvin or Butch mfing Goring which kinda forgives them overall…

Atax

Apr 7, 2011
Eye twich finally goes away and is ready for round 2. Wonder what damage my health is going to take with the stress of these series. Wouldnt have it any other way though. LGR!

OriginalLimbo

May 27, 2019
Difficult to win cups when your competition consistently has access to better players.
This is the thing that neophytes from across the river just can’t get through their thick skulls. And I’m not talking about NYI fans, they had their dynasty and their chant but have been super humbled over the past 40 years. And older fans of other US original six don’t need reminding, they lived it.

Like 80% of the cups in the 40s-60s were won by the 2 teams that had access to all the local talent. All of that eventually went away with the creation of the draft in the late 60s and the talent spread normalized in the 70s. But the damage was done.

NJD fans think the league (and their org - they don’t like to own the dreck they spewed out from their other 2 stops) started in 1983.

Mike in Houston

Apr 20, 2015
Houston, TX
i was told kakko was bad?

They're all bad!

puppet-laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad