Pre-Game Talk: Rangers @ Toronto 1/19 7:30 PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
First time in my life that i am feeling nervous with Hank starting. Please please please play good :help:

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
If the Rangers D let Toronto players hang around Hank by themselves while they skate behind the net I am going to lose my ****ing mind

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Hard to believe more than mid way past the season Toronto is in a playoff spot and have games in hand. They are a young team but also well coached. I thought Buffalo would of been where they are, but they still can't seem to get it all together. This could be a tough one, and would be a nice game for Hank to rebound.

CTRanger

N9Y4R
Jun 20, 2006
The Gold Coast
Lol true. Mathews is a stud...did anyone expect him to be this good right out the gate? I honestly believed it would take him a little while to get to the level he is already playing at. I had 55 points max as a rookie, but he is going to end up in the 70 - 80 point range by the looks of it.

The writing was on the wall when he dominated in Switzerland and then again at the World championships against men. By next year he and McDavid should be head and shoulders the best 2 players in the world for a decade.

Mitts Marner*

Hey guys, I come in peace.

Just wanted your opinions on Jimmy Vesey. Mainly, has he shown to be worth the hype all summer?

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Jimmy Vesey will never be worth the hype he garnered this summer, and that has nothing to do with Jimmy Vesey and everything to do with the hype.

The hype was ridiculous. This was worse than Hayes who was a much better player coming out of college and nobody even cared about Buchnevich.

Vesey will be a good middle-six player, but that's about it. The hype makes people think he has the tools to be a franchise player

Hockeyplayer99

Jul 31, 2005
When AV is your coach and your young you don't get any room for mistakes or anything and you ride the bench most of the game. Can't do much from the bench. If he had a coach who sat veteran players who do nothing like he did young players, then maybe Vessey could provide more then what he has.

The hype was ridiculous. This was worse than Hayes who was a much better player coming out of college and nobody even cared about Buchnevich.

Vesey will be a good middle-six player, but that's about it. The hype makes people think he has the tools to be a franchise player

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
When AV is your coach and your young you don't get any room for mistakes or anything and you ride the bench most of the game. Can't do much from the bench. If he had a coach who sat veteran players who do nothing like he did young players, then maybe Vessey could provide more then what he has.

I rag on AV more than most of this board but this nonsense that AV is bad with young players needs to stop like yesterday.

Kreider, Hayes, Miller, Buch, Zib, are all being put in positions to succeed and develop their skills and have been since he's gotten here. Vesey was given plenty of top 9 time to get his game going and didn't do anything. I have no problem with how he's been treated.

McIlrath is probably the only exception here and it's drawing a lot of faulty conclusions.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I watched the last Henrik & AV interview this morning and it was promising. So I'm cautiously optimistic against the Leaf this night - I think it`s good to get a road game.

Mitts Marner*

Thanks!

Sounds an awful lot like Tyler Bozak to me. Heard it for almost a year leading up to him signing that he was this can't-miss college prospect. And while he has been serviceable, he's nowhere near the player that many fans had him pegged to be.

I apologize on behalf of my team's lousy media for hyping him up so much. :laugh:

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
7:30 start. Good. Have time before puck drop to take the dog to the park and rip shots of ethanol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad