Pre-Game Talk: Rangers @ Toronto 1/19 7:30 PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thordic

StraightOuttaConklin
Jul 12, 2006
Thanks!

Sounds an awful lot like Tyler Bozak to me. Heard it for almost a year leading up to him signing that he was this can't-miss college prospect. And while he has been serviceable, he's nowhere near the player that many fans had him pegged to be.

I apologize on behalf of my team's lousy media for hyping him up so much. :laugh:

I think next year will be a better measure for Vesey. College players tend to fall off a cliff about halfway through the system because they aren't used to the grind of the schedule. They go too hard to start the season because they are used to playing 34 games. Once they get halfway through an NHL season, they don't have as much left in the tank.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
Thanks!

Sounds an awful lot like Tyler Bozak to me. Heard it for almost a year leading up to him signing that he was this can't-miss college prospect. And while he has been serviceable, he's nowhere near the player that many fans had him pegged to be.

I apologize on behalf of my team's lousy media for hyping him up so much. :laugh:

Tyler Bozak is a good player. Vesey was completely free. Not even worth a draft pick. He has 11 goals in his first NHL season. Of course he wont' be worth the hype (which was largely due to a slow off-season with him as the only focus). But getting a mid-6 player of his caliber for absolutely free is always a good move and one to be proud that your organization won.

He is not a failure. He certainly isn't Matt Gilroy. He will be a good Ranger for a long time.

Mitts Marner*

Tyler Bozak is a good player. Vesey was completely free. Not even worth a draft pick. He has 11 goals in his first NHL season. Of course he wont' be worth the hype (which was largely due to a slow off-season with him as the only focus). But getting a mid-6 player of his caliber for absolutely free is always a good move and one to be proud that your organization won.

He is not a failure. He certainly isn't Matt Gilroy. He will be a good Ranger for a long time.

Oh my god, I completely forgot about Gilroy.

Yeesh

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Tyler Bozak is a good player. Vesey was completely free.

Completely free?

Come on, even Ray Sheppard cost us a dollar !

We used time, energy and manpower getting him to sign
We paid him money
We used up a contract spot
We gave him time in rookie camp and preseason

Don't forget, the reason we needed him in the first place - mortgaged the future for Yandle and E Staal, two guys we didn't resign.

Free!?

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
First time in my life that i am feeling nervous with Hank starting. Please please please play good :help:

I'm not. As long as the team in front of him tightens up and lets him see the puck, he will play a solid game.

The cure to all of this starts with playing on the road and the team tightening up. He needs to regain confidence. That all starts with making saves and having faith in his team to not give up multiple HDSCs.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
I'm not. As long as the team in front of him tightens up and lets him see the puck, he will play a solid game.

The cure to all of this starts with playing on the road and the team tightening up. He needs to regain confidence. That all starts with making saves and having faith in his team to not give up multiple HDSCs.

I agree but i am still nervous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad