Line Combos: Rangers third line.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Well, Rangers third line is not a great success so far in this playoffs. I think AV need to do something before next match. My first thoughts when I look at the line - we seriously lack physicality. I think we need either Kreider or Miller back on the third line to get a better balance.

( Hags - Hayes - MSL )

Maybe it's too early for line adjustment, but I think AV need to do something.

Sirius Vivace

Mar 15, 2015
Well, Rangers third line is not a great success so far in this playoffs. I think AV need to do something before next match. My first thoughts when I look at the line - we seriously lack physicality. I think we need either Kreider or Miller back on the third line to get a better balance.

( Hags - Hayes - MSL )

Maybe it's too early for line adjustment, but I think AV need to do something.

I don't think AV will do anything after one bad performance...but if I was told I had to make one switch and one switch only....right now I would simply switch J.T. & MSL. Stepan's line might suffer for that, but you'd have a banger on the third line, and still have Kreider's physical presence on Stepan's line. And who knows, might help MSL.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
The problem is that the two lines above them are both good and have chemistry, especially the "kid" line. So that leaves you the option of moving him down. I would like them to move Fast up in his place, the only problem there is that now you have two corpses chained to Dominic Moore instead of one.

Marty just needs to be better. End.

Sirius Vivace

Mar 15, 2015
The problem is that the two lines above them are both good and have chemistry, especially the "kid" line. So that leaves you the option of moving him down. I would like them to move Fast up in his place, the only problem there is that now you have two corpses chained to Dominic Moore instead of one.

Marty just needs to be better. End.

The forum would have a field day with that one.

The Zombie Line ?

Line of the Living Dead?

Line of 1000 Corpses?

:skull:

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I don't think AV will do anything after one bad performance...but if I was told I had to make one switch and one switch only....right now I would simply switch J.T. & MSL. Stepan's line might suffer for that, but you'd have a banger on the third line, and still have Kreider's physical presence on Stepan's line. And who knows, might help MSL.

Had the same thought. I think Kreider and Stepan are better for Marty than Hags and Hayes are. Putting Miller on that third line gives them a serious banger - and they showed some chemistry before.

Kreider - Stepan - MSL
Nash - Brass - Zucc
Hags - Hayes - Miller
Sheppard - Moore - Fast

That's our top-12.

BTW, watching Sheppard take warm ups may be the most depressing thing in the world :laugh:

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Why not put Shep out on the third line and msl Moore and fast as the fourth???? O wait AVs bf has to play too

it might actually give AV a reason to scratch Glass...

You have these options for the 3rd/4th line:

Hagelin-Hayes-MSL / Glass-Moore-Fast, scratching Sheppard
Hagelin-Hayes-Fast / Glass-Moore-Sheppard, scratching MSL
Hagelin-Hayes-Sheppard / Fast-Moore-MSL, scratching Glass

I think if it came to putting MSL or Glass on the ice, you'd have to believe the coach would make the respectable decision to give the vet ice time and scratch the goon...

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Please not the MSL-Step-Kreider line again. That line was horrific. An absolute disaster

To be honest, we are probably more likely to see AV bench MSL for Sheppard rather than Glass.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
:badidea: - :hyper: - :wally:

Our third line...doesn't look like success to me.

hhahah thats awesome.

I think we have to believe in these guys.

Hags is hags, he's going to give you a pretty consistent effort every game, but we need to see the speed game explode tonight. He needs to start stretching the neutral zone for the rest of the line and that rests on his line mates and defenseman moving the puck up intelligently into areas where he can get to without icing it.

Hayes has been an abomination, there's no denying that. But the kids got some special skills. Its all mental right now. Maybe it would be a good idea to break this line up, I don't know. Hayes is thinking so much and its so obvious. He just needs to let it go and play. AV should tell him its ok to make a mistake even if its the playoffs. He knows that but the problem is he's afraid to make a mistake and he's making mistakes because of it. Let him loose.

St. Louis is really fighting it. His decisions on the ice defensively, especially in the neutral zone are costing this team. He's getting beat on the walls and if he doesn't have Hayes possessing the puck and generating plays, he starts to do too much to try and compensate. Everything on this line runs through Hags speed and Hayes ability to possess and distribute the puck. If they are struggling everything falls apart and St. Louis is exposed. There isn't much else St. Louis can do, other than do a better job on the half wall on the PP. Thats where he can contribute if this line isn't going.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad