Confirmed with Link: Rangers sign Tony DeAngelo [2Y/4.8M AAV] Mod post #120

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
If Strome gets 5 mil the Rangers will walk away. He wouldn’t get that in the current UFA market. NYR should submit 4 mil offer to the arbitrator

to reiterate great deal for ADA. I think his production will be good, if not maybe quite what last years was as Fox continues to take more offensive responsibility.

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018
Hopefully, this buys us just enough time to see what we have in Lundkvist.

we can move him at the deadline in 1.5 years for a needed piece elsewhere.

SickNice

Oct 7, 2005
Hoboken, NJ
The deal also makes sense from the perspective of him remaining a likely trade candidate. So there's definitely value there for the Rangers as well.
With draft behind us and ADA resigned, are the Lindholm / Monaham talks basically dead?

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
It is getting old that the mods have to clean up 30+ posts in every ADA thread. I am going to be as candid as I have ever been as a mod because we are DONE WITH THIS... no one gives a shit about your political hot takes on Tony. Keep it to yourself. Go yell at him on Twitter if you disagree. But not here. Not every damn thread. We certainly aren't going to do this for the next 2 years.

Enough "love the player, hate the person". Keep it strictly hockey related or keep it to yourself.
Like they aren’t doing it on Twitter already, :laugh: ( said with love. Its way more tolerable here when it comes to him)Twitter is impossible if you want any TDA hockey news. Twitter is 90% shit garbage.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
All about how he develops. I'd be very down paying ADA 7m/y for 70-80 pts and that snarl.

Afaic he's got unique skating, puck-handling, passing, peskiness and that special hockey face to go along.

We can go back in my posting history, his first game with NYR, I already lost my mind.

Was it a game winner when he skated by and mugged the entire Boston bench ?

* also a great quote to the haters from Tony I read today was something along the lines of 'here for two years - at least'.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Was it a game winner when he skated by and mugged the entire Boston bench ?

* also a great quote to the haters from Tony I read today was something along the lines of 'here for two years - at least'.
Shootout goal, I love his expression he looks like a caveman LMAO. He has so much swagger and confidence I remember just knowing he was going to score based on his body language before his attempt, he's scored something like 5 times in a row in the shootout
giphy.gif

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
Shootout goal, I love his expression he looks like a caveman LMAO. He has so much swagger and confidence I remember just knowing he was going to score based on his body language before his attempt, he's scored something like 5 times in a row in the shootout
giphy.gif

I can't wait until he gets to piss people off in the playoffs. Opposing teams and our own fans simultaneously.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I love how it's a foregone conclusion he won't be here that long, lol.

He very easily could be here for the 2-year deal and then depending on what happens with the other d-men, sign a long-term deal here. A lot can also change in 2 years.

It certainly can.

And I know this is a particularly touchy subject for some people. Tony's a very good player and some people have a particular draw to him.

I do strongly believe, based on the economics of the sport and other factors, that ADA continues to have a fairly high probability of being dealt in more of the short-term than he does of being here for the long-term. I admit that it's not a pleasant subject for fans.

Some of our chit-chat on here is tongue-in-cheek. I think some of it is also just addressing the elephant in the room. So it'll be a balance moving forward.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
I am always more of an on ice value person. For the same reasons I don't find much value in the character/role/intangible stuff without positive on ice attributes is the same reason I find value in the puck moving, production, etc. I believe the on ice stuff wins more games than anything else.

I think this is a good deal for the Rangers and ADA. While he may be traded at some point I don't particularly feel like this contract was designed/structured for that. More it seems like it's a contract the Rangers or any other team could go forward with.

Reactions: Rongomania

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Not necessarily. But I think both teams have some caution right now.

Buch remains on the table, though obviously that brings its own share of risks.

Carp said today he doesn’t think the Rangers are involved in any trade talks. I think he’s asleep at the wheel.

Gorts is definitely working the phones and it was easy to read between the lines during the last several interviews he’s done with the media.

Now that doesn’t mean anything is imminent but they are certainly talking to teams I can tell you that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad