Confirmed with Link: Rangers sign LD Connor Mackey (1 year, $775K) and LD Nikolas Brouillard (1 year, $775K)

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Desperately needed dmen for Hartford, especially if Jones is going to be in New York.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Brouillard must have knocked up the niece or daughter of someone on our staff. I can't see why else he gets a contract.

• Haha
Reactions: gabevh3

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Hartford only had Emberson, Jones, Robertson, and Scanlin as legitimate options for Hartford and who knows how that will all play out with waivers and everything. Hajek is gone, likely so are Clendening, Kalynuk, etc. Hartford really needed some quality defensive depth.

Brouillard has also played extensively at forward in the past.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Brouillard must have knocked up the niece or daughter of someone on our staff. I can't see why else he gets a contract.

This is his first NHL contract lmfao and wearing #88 already. Kane won’t be back lol

No other NHL contract listed besides this lol

This cant be right 120 PIM 1 fight

Connor Mackey

Last edited:

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
This is his first NHL contract lmfao and wearing #88 already. Kane won’t be back lol

No other NHL contract listed besides this lol

This cant be right 120 PIM 1 fight

Connor Mackey

I looked at the game logs last year and saw he had at least two fighting majors. He also has three misconducts separate from that, one of which was for abuse of officials.

The first NHL contract is right. He seems to have taken an unconventional path. After spending a full five years in the Q, where he had a nice career apparently, he signed with Toronto's AHL affiliate but ended up playing in the ECHL basically all season. After that, the went and played three years of Candidan college hockey (which was likely paid for by his time in the Q). He did really well there--which doesn't mean anything in the context of being a real NHL prospect--and then signed an AHL contract a few years later.

So he's actually a really cool story. Earning an NHL contract is a big deal for this guy.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY

Not at all--this is his first NHL contract at 28 but he played a few years at McGill U. after his CHL career was over. His last two years with San Diego AHL---he puts up 39 points and over 100 pm's each year. He's their leading defensemen point getter both years and third on his team the first of those years and second the other. He fights with some frequency and from the two/three I took a look at he fights very well. He's not a big guy but he's a pretty good player.

All that said I'm not sure how he'll fit onto the Wolfpack D but it will be a deeper defense with him and Mackey joining it or if Mackey makes the Rangers with Harpur returning.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Not at all--this is his first NHL contract at 28 but he played a few years at McGill U. after his CHL career was over. His last two years with San Diego AHL---he puts up 39 points and over 100 pm's each year. He's their leading defensemen point getter both years and third on his team the first of those years and second the other. He fights with some frequency and from the two/three I took a look at he fights very well. He's not a big guy but he's a pretty good player.

All that said I'm not sure how he'll fit onto the Wolfpack D but it will be a deeper defense with him and Mackey joining it or if Mackey makes the Rangers with Harpur returning.

Let's be honest. Hartford has been a dumpster fire and it hurts our prospects developing in a losing environment.

Drury seems to be the first GM we've had in years that understands that.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Let's be honest. Hartford has been a dumpster fire and it hurts our prospects developing in a losing environment.

Drury seems to be the first GM we've had in years that understands that.

The Gernander years were particularly awful. Ken's almost ideologic determination to turn out 4th line checkers pretty much determining that we were never ever going to get any help from our AHL team. Then come the period of let's trade away all our 1st and 2nd round draft picks.

The AHL is a tough league to play in. Most everyone can skate and check really well. It's a hard league to score in and there are still plenty of goons running around. You do need a mix of prospects and quality veterans to help those prospects to adjust to pro hockey and to have any chance of building a winning culture. Too much losing drains the life out of everybody. Drury's deadline deal took a little time to percolate but eventually the Pack got going and managed to squeak into the playoffs and it may have pushed Garand for one to take the next step. He was outstanding towards the end.

Reactions: Hunter Gathers

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
The Gernander years were particularly awful. Ken's almost ideologic determination to turn out 4th line checkers pretty much determining that we were never ever going to get any help from our AHL team. Then come the period of let's trade away all our 1st and 2nd round draft picks.

The AHL is a tough league to play in. Most everyone can skate and check really well. It's a hard league to score in and there are still plenty of goons running around. You do need a mix of prospects and quality veterans to help those prospects to adjust to pro hockey and to have any chance of building a winning culture. Too much losing drains the life out of everybody. Drury's deadline deal took a little time to percolate but eventually the Pack got going and managed to squeak into the playoffs and it may have pushed Garand for one to take the next step. He was outstanding towards the end.

Yep. The people questioning these signings just don't grasp how important it is to have a functional AHL squad. It's hard for young players to develop in a bad situation.

That it took this stupid f***ing team 20 years or so to learn that is f***ing infuriating.

TopShelfSnipes

May 5, 2011
USA
Brouillard is a decent skater and seems like a decent dude. At one of the games I went to earlier this year, he got called for a bad penalty, and a fan wanted a selfie wtih him in the box from the first row, and he obliged and flashed a thumbs up even though you could tell he was pissed at the call.

His reads aren't great, but he's a decent skater and willing to play physical, and clearly has persistence to stick around the game after all the years and stops. IMO, that's not a bad guy to have around for your younger players to develop playing with.

I like that they're focused onhaving quality vets in Hartford to mix the younger players in with, and not just dead weight.

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
he was a hyped college FA. how do you like his play? he's already 27 now. doesn't seem like a future NHL player anymore, eh?
He was one of the top free agents when he came out. Signed with Calgary and had cups of coffee for each of three years but couldn't stick. Solid AHL defenseman, reliable defensively, not much offense but not hopeless. Probably his top is fill in NHL defenseman. Don't see future flu time NHL defenseman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad