Confirmed with Link: Rangers sign Jonny Brodzinski | 2 Years | $787,500 AAV

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Guy plays up and down the lineup, all forward positions, special teams. Will never understand how people don't like this guy
Because he doesn’t score/produce and that’s really a result of the mismanagement of the cap since there’s no room for better players.

Thats really it.

In my mind he’s an NHL player. There’s a lot that goes into winning games. It’s not just about goals and assists. He does a lot as you mentioned and he’s a professional.

Every team needs cheap depth and there is this level of player on every team. Some teams need less or more depending on injuries or cap management (or lack thereof). Maybe he isn’t on several teams, but he’s on this one

What gets me is you can’t discount these types of guys because they are “scrubs”. I hate when I hear that. They are professionals who eat and sleep the game. No different than any other star in the league.

They didn’t get lucky, they work their ass off to reach their dream and continue to work to stay there and are better than 99% of all hockey players on earth.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Why is this guy on the team? He belongs either in AHL or on a top two lines of a very bad NHL team. Bring somebody up that can play good bottom 6 game and would hit, grind and kill penalties.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
f***ing brutal yesterday, single-handedly turned the momentum around. Get the f*** off the team.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
There are better (not by much), but younger players that go on waivers and don’t get claimed. Waive this shithead.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
obviously it's comical that Brod is being singled out for our downfall, but he has been really bad these past two games and almost caused a goal against v.s. Carolina when he missed an easy shot on his entry. He's just not an NHL player for any extended period. Dumb as rocks and can't do anything at this level besides skate, which doesn't even matter since his pathing is so violently inefficient and nonsensical.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Rempe back on Sunday? Excited to see him take a (clean) bone crushing hit against Lee.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
We've seen many players make bad decisions. Let's all calm down a bit
Respectfully Viper, you are a Brodzinski stan, for reasons that have never made sense.

This wasn’t just one bad game or one bad play. This is who he is and always has been. He sucks. And the frustrating part is we have other options! Edstrom. Berard. Waive Brodzinski. Who cares if he gets claimed. He sucks.

Uglybstrd

Apr 10, 2012
Yes he did a stupid mistake yesterday, but he`s been mostly ok, no need to panic. He`s a 12-15th forward paid minimum wages.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Respectfully Viper, you are a Brodzinski stan, for reasons that have never made sense.

This wasn’t just one bad game or one bad play. This is who he is and always has been. He sucks. And the frustrating part is we have other options! Edstrom. Berard. Waive Brodzinski. Who cares if he gets claimed. He sucks.

Well he has some redeeming qualities. Offensively, he isn't a black hole and he shoots the puck. The reactions here, after a bad play last night, are as if no one on the team has ever made a poor play that resulted in a goal against. This is the 'I told you so!' group just waiting for anything to go poorly.

My responses in the past in regards to Brodzinski were always in relation to the cost of acquisition and perceived upgrade at that spot. A 1st for Henrique would have been horrible and the upgrade that he would have brought wouldn't have been worth it. I like Wennberg and I like the cost. I will specifically like the cost if he is re-signed.

Brodzinski is really the ideal 13th forward. Rempe is out and the team only has (4) call-ups from now until the end of the season. I agree that I would prefer to see Edstrom in that spot but I'm sure the team is concerned with that 4 call-up rule

Reactions: Uglybstrd and RGY

Mandar

The Real Maven
Sep 27, 2013
The Tarheel State
Seems to me he would be best in Hartford.....not only because he's not helping us much in his current role, but he was definitely a leader there (our Hartford experts can assist here), and he would be a valuable piece in mentoring our future call ups like Oth, Sykora, Berard, etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad