Confirmed with Link: Rangers sign Jonny Brodzinski | 2 Years | $787,500 AAV

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Good for Brodz. Happy for signings like this.

Was at the game the other night and during warmups I saw him go over to his wife and little girl as he was coming off (maybe he had two? couldnt tell).

Sometimes you forget that these are real people. Thats great for him and his family. Earned. Knowing youll be in the NHL for 2 years anywhere, for tweener players like him - to me - is even better than seeing stars resigned.

He isn't lighting it up like has has in the AHL, but he's been a real plug and play guy who backchecks his ass of, doesnt hurt the team, doesnt take off a shift. He's found a nice home right now with the 3rd line. I've also seen some improvements with his game at this level.

Replaceable? Yeah sure. But the NHL is a very difficult league.

Good move, cost controlled depth, similar to Vesey. If he puts it together offensively, even marginally, this is great deal

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
He’s been playing great hockey and has filled the 3rd line center roll with cuyle and KAkko very well. It’s one of our best lines. People need to stop trying to trade for a 3rd line center and giving up 1st rounders for players who are right in line with Brodz.
Drury seeing that we don’t need to replace something that is working. Glad some people here aren’t running the rangers.
good signing

TopShelfSnipes

May 5, 2011
USA
Financial security for Brodz, on the other hand. Otherwise, it'd be more Hot Pockets lunches and dinners.

Meanwhile, 95% of HFNYR: We need to go get a 3C for Kakko and Cuylle.
In fairness, if they did upgrade 3C, in a perfect world Brodz would be the 4C, so he'd still have a full time roster spot and dress.

Now if they can just find a way to move Goodrow out.

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
Text so my gif will publish,
Kevin bacon speaks for me in this regard

Attachments

• IMG_4343.gif
    IMG_4343.gif
    926.7 KB · Views: 3

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
Financial security for Brodz, on the other hand. Otherwise, it'd be more Hot Pockets lunches and dinners.

Meanwhile, 95% of HFNYR: We need to go get a 3C for Kakko and Cuylle.
That line has been great. I wouldnt touch it. Jonny plays a solid two way game, has speed, pretty good on faceoffs and loves to shoot the puck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad