Confirmed with Link: Rangers sign defenseman Michael Paliotta

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Young unknowns ? I've been talking him up for years on here in the prospects thread.

I've been talking about acquiring youngpuck moving dmen for years now. Funny Clendening and Paliotta have been two of my faves out of the bunch.

Last edited:

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
When it comes to these gambles on young unknowns, there is really no such thing as a bad signing. You need these.

Well we took a gamble on Stralman and basically handed the NHL an elite player. You're welcome Tampa. So you never know...

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Young unknowns ? I've been talking him up for years on here in the prospects thread.

I've been talking about acquiring youngpuck moving dmen for years now. Funny Clendening and Paliotta have been two of my faves out of the bunch.

You're one guy. Most people here don't know him and realistically I meant unknown in that we don't know what he is, or could be at the NHL level.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
I wrote here yesterday that I wanted Conor Allen or a similar player, and this is it. Big, strong, good all-around, some occasional offense, young.

We cut bait with Allen because he wanted to go somewhere who might give him more of a chance. Didn't work out for Allen, but hopefully this one does.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Good signing by you guys

Liked his potential with Hawks but our GM moved on from him because of Trevor Van Riemsdyk nailing down NHL spot , Ville Pokka in system and a few Swedes close to NA professional ranks (Forsling/Dahlstrom)

He could be diamond in rough for you

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
This is the signing from yesterday that intrigues me the most - good size, RH and offensive upside. Looking forward to Beuke getting a hold of him.

Graves94

Nov 26, 2010
Montreal
Reason #3 is very poor. Hey we are going to say you are a bust in the 10 minutes you played in your first ever nhl game.

I absolutely had no idea who this kid was, but after reading more on him, here and elsewhere, I really like this low risk/high reward pick up! A big guy, who can skate and play sound defensively, is intriguing, not to mention he was drafted by the Hawks in the 3rd round! I think they know how to draft!
That reason (#3) is really stupid and if it was a factor in the BJ's not holding on to him, well let's just say they're living up to their reputation of being run like idiots!

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I'm really happy with this signing. This and Clendening gives the Rangers 2 legit young players very close to NHL ready for no assets. Hoping the Rangers give this guy a legitimate shot at a bottom-pairing role. They need one of these low cost options to help fill the holes of all of those picks they traded away

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
I think Paliotta has a better chance of making it then Clendening. Both have some work to do but I feel Clendening has the more up hill battle.

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
Reason #3 is very poor. Hey we are going to say you are a bust in the 10 minutes you played in your first ever nhl game.

Well it was pretty horrible appearance...

Paliotta played the long AHL campaign as well and didn't leave strong enough impression in the Blue Jackets management to justify NHL call-ups in the near future. More importantly Paliotta playing minutes is away from other Blue Jackets defender prospects who are flooding in.

If there is more room in the Rangers system, why not.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Well it was pretty horrible appearance...

Paliotta played the long AHL campaign as well and didn't leave strong enough impression in the Blue Jackets management to justify NHL call-ups in the near future. More importantly Paliotta playing minutes is away from other Blue Jackets defender prospects who are flooding in.

If there is more room in the Rangers system, why not.

It really doesn't matter how horrible it was. It was a young player in one game.

Again, I'll take a player the blue jackets didn't want more than most other teams.

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
At the very least this guy could be a bottom pairing defensive defenseman who can clear the puck. If I can get a middle class guys Girardi or Kevin Klein or an equivalent to Mike Sauer he is a success. I don't think one game is what made the Jackets give up on him. While I don't trust their scouts or their organization I still don't think they could be that stupid. That or they must have some really deep d-core prospect pool that they could afford losing an asset over. And I don't know their pool so I don't know if that really had anything to do with it. And even then why let him go for nothing? Something else must be up but I don't see why we can't correct it. We do well developing defensemen. I just know he was a great college player and at the very least is more than some nobody guy. We already took the Jackets trash more than once and developed them into great players, Stralman and even Brassard come to mind.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle

Well I can almost safely say that we all hope ur spot on Note!!!

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
From what I've read, I like it. I won't even try to say that I know a damn thing about the kid, but everything that's been written about him has been good.

I pay no mind to Columbus and them "giving up" on him. Their talent evaluation is crap. The same team that wanted Ryan Johansen gone, couldn't get the full package from Brassard, wanted nothing to do with John Moore, let Stralman go. I mean I could literally keep listing their mistakes for hours on end.

I don't mind him or Clendening at all. Hopefully they can skate at the NHL level and push the Super Corsio Brothers out of the lineup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad