Confirmed with Link: Rangers Sign Defenseman Conor Allen

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
I have no problem resigning the 3 d-men to AHL contracts ,it makes no sense signing any of them to NHL deals.

Yes, definitely AHL deals for them. If they want NHL deals, they should look for them elsewhere.

mac

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
It makes quite a lot of sense actually. Our AHL team is going to have to have some veteran leadership on the backline---this year, next year and every year into the future and you're not going to sign any proven AHL/professional d-men to AHL contracts (they have their hopes and dreams too)--they'll simply sign with other franchises which will hurt the development of your better prospects--sticking them in situations they're not ready to handle--especially those just turning pro. Personally I think Pyett has had an excellent year and Vernace not far behind and to be honest from what little I've seen I'd prefer either over Gilroy. Parlett's a younger player and this has been his best season which tells us what?--mostly that he's continuing to get better--whether that means he'll be a regular NHL d-man is one thing but what you look for in any prospect is his continuing to improve--when he stops doing that--that's what you got. Parlett is getting better.

I would rather have a D that had player with more potential having NHL contracts.

Dylan McIlrath
Stu bickel
Sam klassen
Conor Allen
Nate Schmidt
Samuel Noreau
Mikhail Pashnin
Pavel Valentenko

Klassen signed a AHL deal after having a NHL deal and now has earned a NHL deal again.

Any of the 3 not interested in a AHL deal can walk

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
To be honest, they should've used that contract spot for someone else. Not Allen. Sign him to an AHL deal or at least an amateur or professional tryout. :shakehead

LittleKev6D9

Unregistered User
Dec 14, 2011
Middletown
So...... how long are they going to wait? Because next thing we know, Lundy might no longer be on this team after next year. I'm assuming they drafted him to clear the crease and protect Lundqvist WHICH NO ONE ON THIS TEAM CAN DO maybe except Sauer.

Scouting reports from the minute he was drafted projected it would take 3-4 years for McIlrath to develop his game and make an NHL debut. McD took 3.5 years. I'm not worried in the slightest about how long McIlrath's development has took.

Now if he was sucking ass in the AHL (and going off of Beacon's and others analyses, he hasn't) then I'd be with you.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
Just my opinion. Yeah I hear good things as well but they grab Hamrlik and Gilroy. McI hasn't even seen one game,I'm just trying to read between the lines here,from my view

Not saying that's all he will be,so I should have said it better. Basically I have a feeling he is going to never be utilized. Why hasn't he got a shot over Eminger,Gilroy even. 40 yr old Hamrlik

Apparently they don't have faith in the kid at all

Relax. A guy by the name of Mike Sauer played 177 AHL games. Parts of three seasons. In that time the Rangers let him see a total of three games as a taste. Many of us (including me) had written him off. He turned out to be a pretty good NHLer though, until he was hurt.

McIlrath has played a total of 38 AHL games. He's 20. I think we have a little time here.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Guys, if you find this move completely inconsequential, that's cool. But shut up about it. Posts that contain nothing more than "The Cup is ours!" or something to that effect will be considered spam.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Conor Allen got him some performance bonuses.

http://capgeek.com/player/2416

SEASON AHL SALARY NHL SALARY P. BONUSES S. BONUS CAP HIT
2013-14 $70,000 $925,000 $850,000 $92,500 $1,775,000
2014-15 $70,000 $925,000 $850,000 $92,500 $1,775,000

a tribe cq

That’s just like…your opinion man.
Jan 15, 2013
From whose perspective? Everything I've heard about McIlrath has been positive thus far.

Went up to Hartford to see them play Springfield

The players I remember standing out in that game were Mcilrath, Haley, Yogan and JAM over on Springfield.

They all looked like they will eventually find a niche as the talent is there, especially from McIlrath and Yogan.

If JAM had a little more size he'd be one of the best AHL scorers at the moment, if he isnt already.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad