Confirmed with Link: Rangers sign Artemi Panarin (7 years, $11.64M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I suppose I can be happy about your optimism, let's leave it at that? The NYR brass lucked out they found a lottery ticket in Lundqvist, which changed the entire future of the franchise, which honestly was in shambles, as always. They handled it as badly as I couldn't even possibly imagine, let's also leave it at that. The Lundqvist era was pathetically handled from the management, even with the opportunity to sign UFAs - and know to NOT sign UFAs (A true flaw). Not much has changed with that suit and tie lot. I just wish you the best, although I think it'll be about 70 years until these morons will be able to construct at Stanley Cup franchise, honestly. It's just so incompetent, it's like a twin of Toronto, for no other reason than rich arrogance.

It hurts to reflect about. When you have **** leaders, you will win ****. Of course I hope you're correct, but from my gut I believe you're not. They will find more ways to mess it up, in cases where they should do NOTHING, in some insanse performance hype. Just like idiotic companies. Because they only see it as a business and not as a sports club.

What I find ironic is that if you ask 1000 Ranger fans if we feel like we are a "lucky" franchise, I'd bet 999 of them would look at you like you were f***ing nuts. So you saying we got lucky when we drafted Lundqvist...I don't know, one can argue that it was good scouting too or maybe a combination of both.

Whatever it is, it doesn't matter because that was 2003 and we are now in 2019 and the same peeps who run daily operations for the Rangers are completely different. You are aware of this...yes? Glen Sather doesn't make transactions for us....Jeff Gorton does and he's done an amazing job rebuilding this team.

John Davidson who is one of the most respected executives in all of hockey is now our El Prez. We now are a competent well oiled, well respected organization where players around the league want to come too. What the heck does 2003 have to do with now? I'm totally vexed.

If your saying we got lucky with the Kakko lottery pick...yeah I'll buy that. Might be one of the very few times I can ever recall the Ranger franchise getting "lucky". And so due to this luck, it set the machinations in place for this very solid team of JD/JG to go out and trade for an Adam Fox, Jacob Trouba and now sign the Breadman.

I dunno man, if Ranger fans, even the most pessimistic Debbie Downer fans around can't find a reason to be excited, happy and hopeful for the future of this team after this off season capped by this Panarin acquisition, well than you'll never be happy and I hope you have fun continuing to think your the "smartest guy in the room". Newsflash...your not...lol

Call me nuts but beeing a Ranger fan as long as I have going on 45 years and seeing it all here in Rangerland, I can unequivocally say that I trust that Jeff Gorton and John Davidson know what the f*** they are doing and we are most definitly on the right track to a Cup or two in the not so distant future.

I'm serious when I say this but this Gorton/Davidson duo in all my years, just might be the most competent, knowledgeable braintrust this team has EVER had. And that's another huge reason for my optomism that there will be some Cups in this teams future despite paying Panarin 11+ mill.

By all means tho I will keep reading yours and others in here shitting upon the moves the two of them have made tho...it's very entertaining....cheers my friend.

Last edited:

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
What I find ironic is that if you ask 1000 Ranger fans if we feel like we are a "lucky" franchise, I'd bet 999 of them would look at you like you were ****ing nuts. So you saying we got lucky when we drafted Lundqvist...I don't know, one can argue that it was good scouting too or maybe a combination of both.

Whatever it is, it doesn't matter because that was 2003 and we are now in 2019 and the same peeps who run daily operations for the Rangers are completely different. You are aware of this...yes? Glen Sather doesn't make transactions for us....Jeff Gorton does and he's done an amazing job rebuilding this team.

John Davidson who is one of the most respected executives in all of hockey is now our El Prez. We now are a competent well oiled, well respected organization where players around the league want to come too. What the heck does 2003 have to do with now? I'm totally vexed.

If your saying we got lucky with the Kakko lottery pick...yeah I'll buy that. Might be one of the very few times I can ever recall the Ranger franchise getting "lucky". And so due to this luck, it set the machinations in place for this very solid team of JD/JG to go out and trade for an Adam Fox, Jacob Trouba and now sign the Breadman.

I dunno man, if Ranger fans, even the most pessimistic Debbie Downer fans around can't find a reason to be excited, happy and hopeful for the future of this team after this off season capped by this Panarin acquisition, well than you'll never be happy and I hope you have fun continuing to think your the "smartest guy in the room". Newsflash...your not...lol

Call me nuts but beeing a Ranger fan as long as I have going on 45 years and seeing it all here in Rangerland, I can unequivocally say that I trust that Jeff Gorton and John Davidson know what the **** they are doing and we are most definitly on the right track to a Cup or two in the not so distant future.

I'm serious when I say this but this Gorton/Davidson duo in all my years, just might be the most competent, knowledgeable braintrust this team has EVER had. And that's another huge reason for my optomism that there will be some Cups in this teams future despite paying Panarin 11+ mill.

By all means tho I will keep reading yours and others in here ****ting upon the moves the two of them have made tho...it's very entertaining....cheers my friend.
:clap::clap::clap:

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
Although I think North American players do tend to play more of a gritty game, picking Kreider is probably not the best example.

Neither would be Brian Boyle.

I've witnessed Kreider pick Dion Phanuf up and drop him on his a$$ like a sack of potatoes.

He's not comparable to Boyler IMO who was absolutely unable to defend himself.

CK is not known for being one of the more physical players, but it's pretty safe to say most NHLers would want no part of a scrap with him either.

We could do far worse.

Reactions: egelband

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
I've witnessed Kreider pick Dion Phanuf up and drop him on his a$$ like a sack of potatoes.

He's not comparable to Boyler IMO who was absolutely unable to defend himself.

CK is not known for being one of the more physical players, but it's pretty safe to say most NHLers would want no part of a scrap with him either.

We could do far worse.

I'm not denying that CK has the strength and build of a minotaur.

Reactions: Pizza

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA

LOL...your too kind oh Wicked one

There was one other thought that I forgot to say in responding to Chimp's vexing commentary that the Lundqvist era was a total failure.

I seem to recall that from 2006 to 2017, this team made the playoffs 11 of 12 years and in 7 of those 11 years, we won at least one round and we made it to the ECF 3 times and of course a Cup final back in 2014.

So though we didn't win the Cup and yes that was quite disheartening, those 11-12 years just might be as enjoyable a time as I have had in my 45 being a Ranger fan. Those teams were easy to root for, we rarely had a stud,star player and yeah it was mostly Hank who put the team on his back and we ran as long as he could take it.

But man was it fun or what come early April for a decade as we knew we had some huge Ranger games to get ready for every other night for a month or more....good times

So I have a real hard time saying that the Lundqvist era has been an utter failure as you put it. Is it disappointing there has not been a Cup? Absolutely. But a failure? Not even close dude as we for over a decade were one of the top 5 teams in hockey.

I just needed to point this out as it was bugging me that you called the Lundqvist era a failure when it was the furthest thing from the truth.

OK I'm done now...you can go back to being negative...apologies....lol

Last edited:

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I wish the Rangers scouting and drafts were better in those years, maybe they would have won a cup. Maybe if they drafted Tarasenko rather than McIlrath they win it in 2014. Maybe not. But it does feel like there were a lot of first round misses to some extent
Or maybe if Cherepanov hadn't died

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005

There was one other thought that I forgot to say in responding to Chimp's vexing commentary that the Lundqvist era was a total failure.

I seem to recall that from 2006 to 2017, this team made the playoffs 11 of 12 years and in 7 of those 11 years, we won at least one round and we made it to the ECF 3 times and of course a Cup final back in 2014.

So though we didn't win the Cup and yes that was quite disheartening, those 11-12 years just might be as enjoyable a time as I have had in my 45 being a Ranger fan. Those teams were easy to root for, we rarely had a stud,star player and yeah it was mostly Hank who put the team on his back and we ran as long as he could take it.

But man was it fun or what come early April for a decade as we knew we had some huge Ranger games to get ready for every other night for a month or more....good times

So I have a real hard time saying that the Lundqvist era has been an utter failure as you put it. Is it disappointing there has not been a Cup? Absolutely. But a failure? Not even close dude as we for over a decade were one of the top 5 teams in hockey.

I just needed to point this out as it was bugging me that you called the Lundqvist era a failure when it was the furthest thing from the truth.

OK I'm done now...you can go back to being negative...apologies.

Lol.

Very good, Sir!

Reactions: Maximus

Baby Punisher

Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY

OK I'm done now...you can go back to being negative...apologies.

If you are measuring success by Stanley Cups, by definition it has been a failure. Sure, we had sustainable success, there was individual player achievements. The lack of a Cup signifies that this era has been a failure. It has been fun to a point, but the season never ended on a high note, and always ended with weeks-long bouts of depression, second-guessing and, wondering what could of and should have been. Do you really believe that in 2039 fans will be packing a venue like iplay America to have a Q&A team that lost in the finals? It's very doubtful.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
I think they had the exact scene at the end of the Titanic when geriatric Rose was dying in her sleep to a dream of her and Jack on board the titanic in the main ballroom with the winding staircase and all the passengers were smiling and clapping as they walked to the top of the staircase and then she died in her sleep.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I am however allowed to be optimistic about the future of this team and the rebuild while also considering the panarin signing a strategic misstep.

Last edited:

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
everyone is genuinely excited for this guy.

seems like things are aligning for this organization.

panarin
kakko
trouba
fox

add kravtsov and shestorkin too.

suddenly the buzz is back in the big apple

rebuild officially over.

Reactions: Maximus

GoAwayGiannone

Feb 2, 2012
Queens, New York
I think they had the exact scene at the end of the Titanic when geriatric Rose was dying in her sleep to a dream of her and Jack on board the titanic in the main ballroom with the winding staircase and all the passengers were smiling and clapping as they walked to the top of the staircase and then she died in her sleep.

McKegg in shambles wondering why he didn't get a loud welcome to his new home.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
If you are measuring success by Stanley Cups, by definition it has been a failure. Sure, we had sustainable success, there was individual player achievements. The lack of a Cup signifies that this era has been a failure. It has been fun to a point, but the season never ended on a high note, and always ended with weeks-long bouts of depression, second-guessing and, wondering what could of and should have been. Do you really believe that in 2039 fans will be packing a venue like iplay America to have a Q&A team that lost in the finals? It's very doubtful.

Not sure how old you are but if you old enough as I am to remember the 1979 Ranger Stanley Cup run which ended in a loss to the Habs, you would know that in 2039 true Ranger fans will give utmost respect and honor to the 2014 Ranger team the lost in the Cup finals to the Kings. That one still stings to this day for me as I still feel like we should have won the Cup that year but we didn't.

I don't consider that a failure of a year or a team that we didn't win the Cup nor do I consider that 12 year run we had a failure because we didn't win a Cup. There's been debates like this on the board here before and all I'll say is I'm not one of those "Cup or bust" guys...I'm just not. It's not the way I am...I'm just not.

I can still think my team is sucessful no matter if it's the Mets,Jets, Knicks or Rangers if the following criteria are met:

1. The team makes the playoffs
2. In playoffs said team wins a round or two.

If we can go further than that, well than me being a fan of those 4 teams I mentioned can understand why I might think anything above winning a round or two is "gravy".

If I was "title or bust", I'd always be pissed off as evidenced once again by the very little amount of championships those teams of mine have won. Heck in my lifetime and I'm 55, I've only been to TWO friggen parades....the '86 Mets and of course the '94 Rangers.

If I didn't set my expectations as I have to something realistic as I have of let's make the playoffs and see where we go, well than I'd be a very unhappy fan. I choose to enjoy my teams and maybe that's why I'm a bit more on the optimistic side than some, because I can still enjoy my teams even if they don't win a title.

Entertain me, play hard, be exciting, win and make the playoffs and let's see if we can go on a run and I'm a happy camper....lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad