Confirmed with Link: Rangers sign Aaron Johnson (1 year, $600k)

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Now let's wait for a few posters to come in here, having Googled the guy and read his scouting report, to tell us why he's an awesome depth signing or complete waste. :laugh:

Everyone is an expert on HF!

In all seriousness, his numbers look fine. Hartford needs help on D and he has apparently played in almost 300 NHL games, so he's not completely worthless I guess. Fine by me.

If we have injury issues he can step in and he's not Roman Hamrlik. Sounds perfect.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
yea as a 2 way deal this is a good one. A.Johnson has been around for a while bouncing up and down

good depth in CT with Syvet, Bickel who have NHL experience. McIlrath has some time to develop

they now have a few call ups on D if need be

Doesn't matter if it's 2 way, other than to Dolan's checkbook.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
All these deals signal the end of Eminger's time in NY. Would rather have him as he is RHD

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Now let's wait for a few posters to come in here, having Googled the guy and read his scouting report, to tell us why he's an awesome depth signing or complete waste. :laugh:

In all seriousness, his numbers look fine. Hartford needs help on D and he has apparently played in almost 300 NHL games, so he's not completely worthless I guess. Fine by me.

Was going to post the same thing

Kershaw

good signing.

haven't seen him much, but I remember him playing well for the oilers a few years back.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
If they send him to the minors, it doesn't matter on the cap. If they keep him on the team, it hits the cap the same way one-way or two.

To clarify does each team have a max amount they can bury in the minors or is it based on player salary?

for example if its per player Johnson on a one way( think its a 2 way ) is sent down then he doesnt count on the cap since he's under the allowed amount

I thought it was a max you can bury regardless of how many players are down

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
To clarify does each team have a max amount they can bury in the minors or is it based on player salary?

for example if its per player Johnson on a one way( think its a 2 way ) is sent down then he doesnt count on the cap since he's under the allowed amount

I thought it was a max you can bury regardless of how many players are down

Could be wrong, but I don't remember a maximum total, spread among a bunch of contracts, that can be buried. I remember that idea being floated... but not sure.

I do know, for sure, than it's only the amounts over $925k that count against the cap when a one-way deal is in the minors. For Johnson, it isn't.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Could be wrong, but I don't remember a maximum total, spread among a bunch of contracts, that can be buried. I remember that idea being floated... but not sure.

I do know, for sure, than it's only the amounts over $925k that count against the cap when a one-way deal is in the minors. For Johnson, it isn't.

so Haley and Bickel for example could go down and not count on the cap? If so thats a good thing

nycbruins*

Only saw him play 10 games, so not great analysis.

But i like him. Is skilled & tough, just looks a little raw & unpolished a lot of times. But a good 7th d-man, don't count him out if manhattan by any means.

He didn't play during the lockout so he kind of got lost in the mix. Bruins were healthy all season & by the time injuries hit, he had barely played so younger guys who had been playing all season got the nod over him.

Solid signing.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Since I'm barely familiar with him, I'll hold out on any analysis of his game. But hey, another defenseman can't hurt.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

Sorry to disappoint, he's not another Tysen Dowzak! .:laugh::laugh::naughty::D:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::cheers:

I stand by my overall record...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad