Rangers Season Ticket Holders - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

dstoffa

Jan 11, 2013
Not to jump the gun or start rumors, but for arguments sake the city goes through with forcing the Rangers out of MSG and moving to a new arena. We've had the discussion before so no need to get into it again. Well, build a super complex with a football stadium. Tear down the Javits Center to do so. I know Dolan was a main opponent against the Jets West Side stadium, but things can change.

Even when the "10 year permit" is up, there will be no plan in place, and they'll get another 10 years. The fight to force them out would be a lawsuit for the ages.

Remember, we are still waiting for the Farley Post Office mods to be completed, and they were proposed in the early 90's.

The Garden isn't going anywhere.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Even when the "10 year permit" is up, there will be no plan in place, and they'll get another 10 years. The fight to force them out would be a lawsuit for the ages.

Remember, we are still waiting for the Farley Post Office mods to be completed, and they were proposed in the early 90's.

The Garden isn't going anywhere.

I agree completely, was just throwing it out there as a hypothetical.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Does anyone know if saturday is one of those "Kids Day at MSG" games? Bringing my 2 1/2 year old, so wondering if it is worth it to head in early so she can get her face painted and all that stuff.

NYRA15

Jun 8, 2015
Long Island
I am a half STH, I emailed my rep today to get the status of the full strip that I requested. He said there was no full strip available.

McD27

Jul 11, 2013
I am a half STH, I emailed my rep today to get the status of the full strip that I requested. He said there was no full strip available.

Like GG said they all went to the Dolan account. MSG is all about profits now

NYRA15

Jun 8, 2015
Long Island
Like GG said they all went to the Dolan account. MSG is all about profits now
What is really annoying is that they constantly want me to use this Chase card and I don't see ANY benefit whatsoever. I rather use my other credit card which gives me double points, but they say if I use the Chase card I can get a full playoff strip and other perks. So I feel like I don't want to miss out but I feel like its making no difference.

McD27

Jul 11, 2013
What is really annoying is that they constantly want me to use this Chase card and I don't see ANY benefit whatsoever. I rather use my other credit card which gives me double points, but they say if I use the Chase card I can get a full playoff strip and other perks. So I feel like I don't want to miss out but I feel like its making no difference.

That's BS

Nash Money

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2012

Chase cards matter when you're a full STH because you get a gift. Is that worth it if you can get other benefits from a different card? Guess it depends on the other benefits and how expensive your seats are. From what I've heard 1/2 STH don't even get that. Figure Chase would want some incentive. It's not an insignificant amount of money.

NYRA15

Jun 8, 2015
Long Island
Chase cards matter when you're a full STH because you get a gift. Is that worth it if you can get other benefits from a different card? Guess it depends on the other benefits and how expensive your seats are. From what I've heard 1/2 STH don't even get that. Figure Chase would want some incentive. It's not an insignificant amount of money.
I agree, It's only for full STH who get a gift. Why they keep telling me to use it then I don't really know. If they don't make me a full ST holder next season, I'm not using it.

Giacomin

Apr 29, 2007
Pretty nice, I wish they attached everything in a booklet though.

And for the love of god, what is their obsession with Meyers Parking coupons. Save some trees for me

I love Meyers. But the LIRR works better for me and probably half of the other STHs!

OKnumber25

Mar 26, 2012
I love Meyers. But the LIRR works better for me and probably half of the other STHs!

Or the many of us who take Metro North.

RE: Chase benefits - I think I once heard or read that if you use a Chase card you get priority access to certain hard-to-get concerts. I'm a full STH since 79-80 but do not have a Chase card, I use AMEX, and the concerts I've been offered early access to are crap - POP B.S. mostly. Never Phish, Clapton, Eagles, etc. Can anybody corroborate?

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
I am not 100% sure, but I highly doubt that my half ST playoffs are the same price as full ST playoffs. They charge me more for regular season so I am assuming I am paying more for playoffs.

You are. This was the case the last two years.

McD27

Jul 11, 2013
Assuming we open on the road, game 3 would be on or around 4/18 but there's a concert that night so my guess is either 4/17 or 4/19. I'm hoping for 4/19.

looks like we will be spared of the dreaded weekend afternoon games then (even for game 6).

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
looks like we will be spared of the dreaded weekend afternoon games then (even for game 6).

we must open on road, Pitt locked up 2d last night

wont be surprised if NHL, NBC have us open wedensday,
so they can have a sunday NYR game, ... maybe afternoon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad