Seravalli: Rangers, Sabres, Red Wings in the mix for Kane

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
3 of the least likely teams 2 of them, aren't seen as playoff teams, and the other he was already with and I get the sense it didn't really work out.
True. Detroit and Buffalo are way less likely than the 20 teams that have less than $1M in cap space...

He's skating down on a two on one and then the lights go out. All the players are standing around and then suddenly the organ begins and a fire is suddenly projected across the entire ice.
Ha! I was more thinking he's skating in an empty net goal on a breakaway, the lights go out, come back on, and Undertaker has him by the throat.

Aug 3, 2021
Go home, Patrick.

JrltIwT.jpg

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Sylvain Turgeon had a card that has a really small Patty Kane at the glass in a Sabres uniform.

That card took off and then people realized how stupid it was to spend a lot of money on a card that had Kane as a kid on it and the price has since dropped.

You’re going to describe it instead of providing a picture? What do you think the internet’s for?

E17ABFFD-B7E5-485B-B9A9-7D99C9A010A1.jpeg
7E0673B8-8F42-4168-8349-D94A66E58C3C.jpeg

Patrick Kane & Dad later:
55935D7C-28A2-475B-A576-F956B2A0152A.jpeg

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
He absolutely was a Sabres fan as a kid.

That said, I'm pretty sure he's on record as saying that while he loved growing up in Buffalo.....he's not sure he'd ever want to play here. Maybe his mind has changed, especially given cap room around the league.....but I don't think we'll be his first option.
At this point in his life, he's also spent more time living away from Buffalo than he's spent living there (I'm not sure if he goes back for the summer anymore). I believe at 14 he moved in with Pat Verbeek in Detroit through the Belfry connect, another 2 in Ann Arbor, and then one in London, Ontario. After that Chicago.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Just remrmber….

the more it takes the higher the cap hit will be vs his actual salary.

with nylander he signed in ear devember and his first year salary cap was higher than the cap hit for the rest of the cap hit because had to be adjust for full season.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
At this point in his life, he's also spent more time living away from Buffalo than he's spent living there (I'm not sure if he goes back for the summer anymore). I believe at 14 he moved in with Pat Verbeek in Detroit through the Belfry connect, another 2 in Ann Arbor, and then one in London, Ontario. After that Chicago.

He doesn't.

Ever since that girl and her mother came out with false accusations that nearly ruined his life, he hasn't spent his off seasons there. Sold the place he had and everything.

Reactions: Space umpire

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Agent leaking 101…. Leak hometown team, and team contract just expired with, to get a little more cash or term before finalizing a deal…

There’s just been too much smoke about Detroit, from multiple sources, independent of each other. They also conveniently chose to only carry 12 forwards, and after the first injury, didn’t bring someone up, who once they bring up, isn’t going back down…. Instead bringing up AHL fill ins. That was very telling… So it’s almost like they’ve kept a spot open, knowing…

They have to be the clubhouse leader. We already know about the Larkin/Debrincat thing, and its no secret how Detroit treats their veteran players. To have him around that group of kids they’ve got coming, is also perfect. Especially with Perron’s contract expiring this year. Not to mention they’ve played very well to start the season, with lots of speed and a really good PP. Been told it’s a slam dunk since late August, including again this past weekend at an OHL game. Was told 2-3 year deal could be announced this week. So it’s interesting this leaks today. An old trick to get a little more money?? Sure smells like it.

Never believe things until they happen though. Especially in this case where Buffalo makes so much sense. You’d think they’d be at the top of the list but nothing suggests that. We shall see. Maybe even this week…

WF19

Nov 18, 2009
Detroit actually makes alot of sense..they have the money and though it's very early they look pretty good so far. He can either help push to the playoffs or like mentioned before he's an asset to sell for a premium at the deadline and Yzerman loves getting as many picks as possible. Plus they actually have some decent prospects in Grand Rapids waiting for a chance to.hetbin the lineup..

Reactions: WingsToPick4th

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad