Confirmed with Link: Rangers re-sign Derek Stepan 6 years/$39M/$6.5M

BarbaraAlphanse

Before ROR and Saad, I thought Stepan would sign for under 6. After, I thoufht 6.35-6.5. Right on upper echelon of that estimate. I like it. It isn't crippling.

Staal at the deadline. Nash, if he can't show up in the playoffs again, in the offseason. We will have flexibility.

NYRSchrute217

Oct 28, 2008
Stepan, Brassard and Hayes or Miller (with one moving to wing) is absolutely fantastic center depth on a team which had "none" after looking Brad Richards.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
Sarcasm emoji?

For the record I hate emoji's and don't use them.

If my posts were subject to a sarcasm detector it would be akin to the this guy trying to go through airport security:

25701971979246762901.jpg

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Just what I thought... Originally thought he'd have $5.75M, but after considering his season, age, and point production, followed by other centermen deals that were set in stone this offseason, $6.5M is accurate...

we now have 3 potential 55-60+ (only because Hayes hasn't hit it yet, but it's completely possible)

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Great contract for Step. I wonder if they'll clear some cap to have a little more flexibility

FJB

Jun 30, 2009
I like the terms and the cap number. Hopefully he stays healthy because then he should be good for 60 points.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Great contract for Step. I wonder if they'll clear some cap to have a little more flexibility

They don't really need to. Without Lindberg on the roster, the team has more than $800k in space. And that's with both Diaz and McIlrath up with the team. If Lindberg is up, that means someone is going down. That's plenty of flexibility.

richardsequalscup*

This is an atrocious deal if they gave this clown a NTC or NMC. I hope for once they weren't stupid and did that. They need to stop doing that. They should also include penalties on his pay if the pansy can't figure out how to win at least 48% of his draws. It's a joke he can't improve on faceoffs.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
This is an atrocious deal if they gave this clown a NTC or NMC. I hope for once they weren't stupid and did that. They need to stop doing that. They should also include penalties on his pay if the pansy can't figure out how to win at least 48% of his draws. It's a joke he can't improve on faceoffs.

Opinions are cool.

nyrleetch

Aug 2, 2009
New York

Hopefully we can send him to the minors if his faceoffs don't improve!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad