Prospect Info: Rangers Prospects Thread (Stats in Post #1; Updated 5.29.18)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Three rookies made their debut last season. First time in ages that happened in NY.

Gotta wonder who of any make their rookie debut this year?

I'm going to go with Boo Nieves, Ryan Graves.

Well, first time 3 made long-lasting debuts. 3 including cups of coffee have happened all the time for NYR.

I'll go Bereglazov and maybe Nieves. I think that's it unless Graves blows people out of the water in Hartford. Of course it'll be easier to predict when UFA is done.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Nieves already debuted.

I'll say Beregalzov and Graves should. Andersson if he's ready. Maybe Halverson/Nell as the third goalie, maybe Gropp, maybe Tambellini, maybe Pionk. Outside chance for Zborovskiy or Day.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Bereglazov and one of Pionk/Graves, depending on injury and if they need a LHS or RHS.

That's who I got for debuts on the blue line. Don't think we see any rookie forwards.

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
If we're going by at least a 1 game appearance, I'm going with Tambellini, Gropp & Fontaine at forward. Bereglazov, Graves & Pionk on defense.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Maybe a bit of a strange question, but does anyone know what the players and team actually do during the development camp? I get that it's a chance for the prospects to meet each other and the Rangers staff, and the staff get to further evaluate where the players are, especially maturity wise; but is structured drills or just some basic scrimmage stuff? Is there a lot of gym time and developing workout routines and nutrition plans? Do they put on a BBQ and see how the kids act when the turps?

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Maybe a bit of a strange question, but does anyone know what the players and team actually do during the development camp? I get that it's a chance for the prospects to meet each other and the Rangers staff, and the staff get to further evaluate where the players are, especially maturity wise; but is structured drills or just some basic scrimmage stuff? Is there a lot of gym time and developing workout routines and nutrition plans? Do they put on a BBQ and see how the kids act when the turps?

I imagine it's all of that except for the BBQ.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
not really prospect related so hopefully i don't get hand-slapped by a mod lol but got a random question that isn't worthy of a new thread...

does anyone know if there is a transfer period/deadline for a player to leave college and join his junior team? we've seen it a few times in the past mid-season (december-ish) but just hypothetically lets say a kid decides he is leaving school after his freshman season, when the frozen four ends the team that owns his CHL rights is still playing. Could that player join his chl team to make a run at the memorial cup before turning pro that summer?

hopefully that babbling makes sense lol

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate

I'm liking that prominent mention.

Not sure whether I'd rather have him stay to play against men on a bad team in a mediocre league... or come over to (hopefully) dominate against peers, while acclimating to NA outside NYC... Tough call.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
not really prospect related so hopefully i don't get hand-slapped by a mod lol but got a random question that isn't worthy of a new thread...

does anyone know if there is a transfer period/deadline for a player to leave college and join his junior team? we've seen it a few times in the past mid-season (december-ish) but just hypothetically lets say a kid decides he is leaving school after his freshman season, when the frozen four ends the team that owns his CHL rights is still playing. Could that player join his chl team to make a run at the memorial cup before turning pro that summer?

hopefully that babbling makes sense lol

Tambellini jumped right after New Years
http://hitmenhockey.com/article/tambellini-acquired

not NCAA, but Berhardt also jumped to CHL in early January
http://londonknights.com/article/bernhardt-commits-to-knights-

there are trade deadlines in CHL,
but not sure if there is a deadline to add a player from your protected list to the active roster to be eligible for playoffs

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
If we're going by at least a 1 game appearance, I'm going with Tambellini, Gropp & Fontaine at forward. Bereglazov, Graves & Pionk on defense.

i have a hunch about Leedahl
not that he'll be great all at once, but that he may be right there with Nieves, Gropp and Tambo leading this new fleet of rising forwards

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ

I'm liking that prominent mention.

Not sure whether I'd rather have him stay to play against men on a bad team in a mediocre league... or come over to (hopefully) dominate against peers, while acclimating to NA outside NYC... Tough call.

I'd rather him stay and play in a men's league. He can go to the SHL or KHL for a bigger challenge but still play against men.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Tambellini jumped right after New Years
http://hitmenhockey.com/article/tambellini-acquired

not NCAA, but Berhardt also jumped to CHL in early January
http://londonknights.com/article/bernhardt-commits-to-knights-

there are trade deadlines in CHL,
but not sure if there is a deadline to add a player from your protected list to the active roster to be eligible for playoffs

yeah i know it happens mid-season but can't remember it ever happening late since guys leaving college normally go to the AHL or NHL to finish the year.

it was just a random thought if it was possible to win the ncaa title and memorial cup in the same year

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Gordie dropped a nugget on us. Bereglazov wife teaches English. Should help him transition to the USA.

He also seems to think Shestyorkin is the starter at SKA. Did he miss the playoffs?

Also talks about Gropp, Day, Pionk, Huska, Wall. Really a bunch of fluff, not much info. Maybe another interesting piece of info is that they expected Wall to be one of three competing for a starting spot last season, so their expectations were very low. They might've been as surprised as Ranger fans.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
I'd rather him stay and play in a men's league. He can go to the SHL or KHL for a bigger challenge but still play against men.

Same. I don't see how the CHL is anything but a step down for him. He would be an absolute bully in that league with his lower body strength, and would be able to do things that he could never get away with against men.

Let him stay in Europe and develop there. Hartford is an option for him, but I have no confidence yet in the staff down there to actually develop him properly, mainly since I know nothing about the coach.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Gordie dropped a nugget on us. Bereglazov wife teaches English. Should help him transition to the USA.

He also seems to think Shestyorkin is the starter at SKA. Did he miss the playoffs?

Also talks about Gropp, Day, Pionk, Huska, Wall. Really a bunch of fluff, not much info. Maybe another interesting piece of info is that they expected Wall to be one of three competing for a starting spot last season, so their expectations were very low. They might've been as surprised as Ranger fans.

i think its telling that he mentions the progress of shestyorkin, huska and wall and its like halverson doesn't even exist.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010

yeah it was interesting, i finally listened to the Lias interview today,
he mentioned he coulda joined Kitchener last year, but believes playing against men was hard, and the right decision
Chityl is so young, why make him go through a move\transition when at 18 he can stay home and play a full season against men,
already looking forward to seeing him in World Juniors

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Is Halverson still within the realm of his job description? Does he follow the AHL and ECHL players?

not 100% sure on that but gordie the director of player personnel that could/should include anyone in the organization

you might be right on that point as a technicality but i'd still group a 21 year old in the ECHL with the prospects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad