Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Thread (Player Stats/Info in Post #1; Updated 1.27.20)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019

source.gif

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Skinner's points were the first for him in nine games. The goal was his first since October 27th.

Skinner's points don't concern me too much, he's getting ice time and carrying his weight
London Knights 2019-20 roster and scoring statistics at hockeydb.com
he's the only D to play in all 43 games for London, and leads the team, with a margin, in +/-

... love the potential of some of their later-round drafted Forwards,
wouldn't Guerin want to bring Tyler Nanne home, just send NYR Matvey Guskov
and for Strome to return to Ontario, i'd only ask Ottawa for Anisimov plus Jonathan Gruden

Reactions: egelband

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Skinner's points don't concern me too much, he's getting ice time and carrying his weight
London Knights 2019-20 roster and scoring statistics at hockeydb.com
he's the only D to play in all 43 games for London, and leads the team, with a margin, in +/-

... love the potential of some of their later-round drafted Forwards,
wouldn't Guerin want to bring Tyler Nanne home, just send NYR Matvey Guskov
and for Strome to return to Ontario, i'd only ask Ottawa for Anisimov plus Jonathan Gruden
Tale of two seasons for Skinner. 22 points in 24 games and +17, 58 shots. 4 points in 19 games and +6, 36 shots. Not saying there's no reason for optimism, but he's also 18 closing in on 19 playing in the CHL. So what he's doing, is really to be expected, even for guys who aren't drafted. There will be dozens of guys each you who post numbers like him who end up in the ECHL or can't even turn pro. His early season was impressive, but since cooling off he looks pedestrian.

Same can be said for Gross, who I've never cared for. He got off to the blazing start and has totally stagnated.

Aahlstroem

På Legenders Axlar
Dec 7, 2012
Göteborg
Lindbum getting lit up.

Henriksson not playing for Frolunda's J20 team, so no idea where he's at now.

EDIT: I see Henriksson played for Frolunda in the SHL yesterday. He has played in the SHL, Allsvenskan, and J20 this year, plus the Champions League, WJC, and other international comps.
We've got a couple of guys out with illness/injury so he's been with the mens team. He actually scored against Brynäs, but instead of getting that goal a teammate of his was sent to the box for an interference.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Tale of two seasons for Skinner. 22 points in 24 games and +17, 58 shots. 4 points in 19 games and +6, 36 shots. Not saying there's no reason for optimism, but he's also 18 closing in on 19 playing in the CHL. So what he's doing, is really to be expected, even for guys who aren't drafted. There will be dozens of guys each you who post numbers like him who end up in the ECHL or can't even turn pro. His early season was impressive, but since cooling off he looks pedestrian.

Same can be said for Gross, who I've never cared for. He got off to the blazing start and has totally stagnated.

There was that incident where Skinner cut the goalie with his skate after being taken down making a play on the net. It was gruesome and that's the night when he stopped producing lots of points.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Craig MacTavish missed an entire season in the mid-80s because he was involved in a drunk driving accident resulting in the death of a woman, I think.
Bobby Hull was abusing several wives/girlfriends and nothing happened in the 60s/70s.

Times have definitely changed, and when you see how the NFL handles these situations (Ray Rice, Adrian Peterson) I can understand why people expect Kovacs to be held accountable by the SHL, but that's just not how it works (I am struggling to find the words today for some reason. Speaking German and Afrikaans all morning is messing with my English haha)

MacTavish went to prison and upon release Boston traded him to Edmonton.

I can think of at least two other cases of NHL automobile accidents that led to fatalities. Jimmy Craig--the gold medal goalie in the 1980 Olympics killed one woman and very badly injured another in 1982. He was clean and was acquitted but I think he gave up hockey soon after that. Former NHL'er Rob Ramage got a 4 year prison sentence on a drunk driving accident that killed his passenger former NHL'er Keith Magnuson.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I saw an interview with Kovac in which he cried about how it was a common misunderstanding that he had killed his friend while crashing a car while that had not been the case (ie they were driving separate cars). I think many that heard that kind of thought — how relevant is that?? You were involved in some idiotic stuff that was dangerous to people around you and someone died. The sad part isn’t that Robin get blamed for it.

And I think that is the explanation. Robin just don’t “get it”. He has been open about his diagnosis, but RK and I think everyone around him kind of feels that if things don’t end in a disaster it’s a victory. I think his coach in Luleå saved his career and did a tremendous job with him. But when Kovac signed with another team they probably thought ‘it’s not worth it anymore’.

Last edited:

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
Lindbum getting lit up.

Henriksson not playing for Frolunda's J20 team, so no idea where he's at now.

EDIT: I see Henriksson played for Frolunda in the SHL yesterday. He has played in the SHL, Allsvenskan, and J20 this year, plus the Champions League, WJC, and other international comps.

3 goals against on 16 shots, but Mora is just an awful team. Sodertalje turtles for 40 minutes

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I saw an interview with Kovac in which he cried about how it was a common misunderstanding that he had killed his friend while crashing a car while that had not been the case (ie they were driving separate cars).
Weren't they racing?

Reactions: Ola

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I saw an interview with Kovac in which he cried about how it was a common misunderstanding that he had killed his friend while crashing a car while that had not been the case (ie they were driving separate cars). I think many that heard that kind of thought — how relevant is that?? You were involved in some idiotic stuff that was dangerous to people around you and someone died. The sad part isn’t that Robin get blamed for it.

And I think that is the explanation. Robin just don’t “get it”. He has been open about his diagnosis, but RK and I think everyone around him kind of feels that if things don’t end in a disaster it’s a victory. I think his coach in Luleå saved his career and did a tremendous job with him. But when Kovac signed with another team they probably thought ‘it’s not worth it anymore’.

I remember seeing the end result of a drag race when I was a pre-teenager. That would have been in the 60's. Nice summer day. 5 people in two cars. One girl walked away with a cut on her forehead. The other 4 were killed. There were body parts strewn here and there. It wasn't nice.

Kovacs I believe has ADHD and dyslexia and I wonder how much these issues have an effect of the things he does. He's still a young man. It would be a good thing if he got some distance from his car infatuation. Most people are infatuated or addicted to something or other. These are things that help us cope with life but some can be harmful and it is tough trying to break from things that have become so much a part of your life and how you see yourself. He's a good hockey player and I think he has NHL talent but if he can't control this problem I don't think he'll get another chance to prove he can.

Reactions: egelband and Ola

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
We've got a couple of guys out with illness/injury so he's been with the mens team. He actually scored against Brynäs, but instead of getting that goal a teammate of his was sent to the box for an interference.

Such a Rangers type of play he wouldbbe used to in the NHL.

Baby Duck Homme

Still waiting to catch a puck from Fotiu...
Sep 14, 2005
Jersey City NJ
MacTavish went to prison and upon release Boston traded him to Edmonton.

I can think of at least two other cases of NHL automobile accidents that led to fatalities. Jimmy Craig--the gold medal goalie in the 1980 Olympics killed one woman and very badly injured another in 1982. He was clean and was acquitted but I think he gave up hockey soon after that. Former NHL'er Rob Ramage got a 4 year prison sentence on a drunk driving accident that killed his passenger former NHL'er Keith Magnuson.
I believe Danny Heatly was involved in an accident and a teammate was killed.

I was at the home opener the next year when he was with the Preds.

Reactions: eco's bones

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
Barron drew a penalty and then picked up an assist on the PP in the 1st against Dartmouth.

I was reading opinions on the Twitter machine that has Barron as a 2nd line winger, middle 6 at a minimum and I almost choked on my bagel.

As much as I like him, he’s not even Jimmy Vesey at this point. You hope he’s a solid bottom 6 player on a cheap deal, but the team will have to burn a year if his ELC just to sign him.

These long dated options of college players aren’t as long dated as one imagines.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
I believe Danny Heatly was involved in an accident and a teammate was killed.
I was at the home opener the next year when he was with the Preds.

this is a little mixed up, as the Heatley never played for Preds,
the trade after the accident was to Sens for Hossa

Dany Heatley Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com
2005-Aug-23 Traded from Atlanta Thrashers to Ottawa Senators for Greg De Vries and Marian Hossa

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/heatley-indicted-in-fatal-crash-1.488636

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
I was reading opinions on the Twitter machine that has Barron as a 2nd line winger, middle 6 at a minimum ... As much as I like him, he’s not even Jimmy Vesey at this point. You hope he’s a solid bottom 6 player on a cheap deal, but the team will have to burn a year if his ELC just to sign him

TWT you enjoy posting critical hot takes,
but I see no grounds for your ELC burning prediction,
that typically happens w UDFAs,

after the Haggerty fiasco, i dont see NYR being bullied into another
"spring months on the NHL roster, 'burn the 1st year of ELC' situation,"
certainly not by a drafted player with limited leverage,
besides Barron has really slowed down from his hot start

my expectation is that, if NYR sign Barron after his (this) junior year,
it will very most likely be ELC beginning '20-21, with an ATO for Pack '20 playoff run

if he waits til next spring, he would have more leverage with the threat of August UFA,
but i still don't see it as likely
most players finally beginning their pro career want to play, not sit

Haggerty undermined his pro career by denying himself those 5-6 weeks he could have played with Pack,
maybe he knew he was never gonna make it, and played his only card

Last edited:

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
TWT you enjoy posting critical hot takes,
but I see no grounds for your ELC burning prediction,
that typically happens w UDFAs,

after the Haggerty fiasco, i dont see NYR being bullied into another
"spring months on the NHL roster, 'burn the 1st year of ELC' situation,"
certainly not by a drafted player with limited leverage,
besides Barron has really slowed down from his hot start

my expectation is that, if NYR sign Barron after his (this) junior year,
it will very most likely be ELC beginning '20-21, with an ATO for Pack '20 playoff run

if he waits til next spring, he would have more leverage with the threat of August UFA,
but i still don't see it as likely
most players finally beginning their pro career want to play, not sit

Haggerty undermined his pro career by denying himself those 5-6 weeks he could have played with Pack,
maybe he knew he was never gonna make it, and played his only card

The question is, what’s in it for him giving up his scholarship and deferring his degree?

If he waits until after next season his ELC becomes 2 years. If he waits until August he graduates, goes UFA and can get a ELC max number instead of the minimum that you’d expect for a 6th rounder. He also isn’t RFA eligible after 2 years. That’s not leverage, that’s the state of affairs.

After this season is when he has maximum leverage if the Rangers really think he’s going to be something. It’s also the only way for him to be an RFA in 2022. Signing an ATO prevents that.

So please use your head for something other than a hat rack.

Meanwhile, Barron’s not even scoring at Haggerty’s rate for their respective junior year.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
The question is, what’s in it for him giving up his scholarship and deferring his degree?

If he waits until after next season his ELC becomes 2 years. If he waits until August he graduates, goes UFA and can get a ELC max number instead of the minimum that you’d expect for a 6th rounder. He also isn’t RFA eligible after 2 years. That’s not leverage, that’s the state of affairs.

After this season is when he has maximum leverage if the Rangers really think he’s going to be something. It’s also the only way for him to be an RFA in 2022. Signing an ATO prevents that.

So please use your head for something other than a hat rack.

Meanwhile, Barron’s not even scoring at Haggerty’s rate for their respective junior year.
Is this Beacon’s burner account or something?

Reactions: egelband and nyr2k2

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Trying to be openminded and understand others' points of view.

So where is the downside, even if Barron and his agent force the situation, to be RFA in '22?

Per a source "he’s not even Jimmy Vesey at this point"

Unless he has 2 strong NHL seasons, his post ELC deal wont be a big one.

Aside from not being able to send him to Maine, during his 3rd year pro, what is the danger to be so concerned about?

At this point, NYR dont have a deep near-term pipeline of forwards, He'd be in '22 RFA F class w Kakko and Krav, and Elmer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad