Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Rankings: (Fall 2020) - #4

Who should be the higher ranked prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Ranger's Fall 2020 Prospect Rankings

1. Alexis Lafreniere (F) (2020 Draft - 1st Round) (N/R)
2. Igor Shesterkin (G)
(2014 Draft - 4th Round) (E)
3. Nils Lundkvist (RD) (2018 Draft - 1st Round) (+2)

79037db3-cfb8-4562-9e94-799fd70428f9-crop-c0-5__0-5-980x550-70.jpg

Julien Gauthier has been included in the poll

Players available to be added:​

PlayerAgePosition
Dylan Garand18G
Adam Huska23G
Olof Lindbom20G
Hugo Ollas18G
Tyler Wall22G
Leevi Aaltonen19F
Brett Berard18F
Eric Ciccolini19F
Will Cuylle18F
Adam Edstrom19F
Jake Elmer21F
Gabriel Fontaine23F
Tim Gettinger22F
Karl Henriksson19F
Riley Hughes20F
Patrick Khodorenko21F
Patrick Newell24F
Lauri Pajuniemi21F
Matthew Rempe18F
Justin Richards22F
Ty Ronning22F
Austin Rueschhoff23F
Oliver Tarnstrom18F
Evan Vierling18F
Brandon Crawley23LD
Libor Hajek22LD
Zac Jones19LD
Simon Kjellberg20LD
Jacob Ragnarsson21LD
Tarmo Reunanen22LD
Yegor Rykov23LD
Calle Sjalin21LD
Hunter Skinner19RD
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Miller, add Reunanen.

For me, I think Lundkvist and Miller are a little ahead of Kravtsov. The three are all in the same tier, but I found this to be an easier decision than the last vote.

Reactions: GeorgeKaplan

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Going with Kravtsov here.

Miller is the specimen and a freak athlete.

But Kravtsov’s skill level is pretty sick. I think we almost forget about him because it Lafreniere and Kakko (and that isn’t inherently a bad thing), but this kid has a very high ceiling if we’re patient.

Also don’t think we need to vote for the next rank. Whoever loses between Kravtsov and Miller will be the next ranked prospect.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Igor Shesterkin might end up being an all-star and one of the better Rangers of all-time, and yet due to timing consistently miss out on being the Rangers top prospect.

No matter who wins this round that is such a sick top 5 and this list doesn't even include Kakko, Fox, ADA. This team is going to be stacked.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I’ve said this before, but the two things that concerns me with Miller is the hype/expectation vs reality, and the timeline.

I keep seeing both of those elements inched up and there’s just this sinking feeling that both are a bit too high.

Miller is a very good prospect, but I sometimes wonder if he’s going to be the next Chris Kreider that this board somewhat debates for a decade.

Reactions: ponzu4u

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I’ve said this before, but the two things that concerns me with Miller is the hype/expectation vs reality, and the timeline.

I keep seeing both of those elements inched up and there’s just this sinking feeling that both are a bit too high.

Miller is a very good prospect, but I sometimes wonder if he’s going to be the next Chris Kreider that this board somewhat debates for a decade.
if Miller is the next Kreider the pick is an absolute home run for me

Miller doing Kreider things like having sterling defensive and offensive metrics and playing a very calculated and efficient game is exactly what I hope from him. whether he scores 30p or 50p doesn't matter to me.

is that a fair analysis?

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
if Miller is the next Kreider the pick is an absolute home run for me

Miller doing Kreider things like having sterling defensive and offensive metrics and playing a very calculated and efficient game is exactly what I hope from him. whether he scores 30p or 50p doesn't matter to me.

is that a fair analysis?

Truth be told it’s not a matter of it not being a great pick, but I saw the struggle this board had for a very long time with someone like Kreider. And a lot of that was due to the images people had in their head before he came to the NHL.

Once fans set an expectation for a prospect, even if it’s unfair and they really haven’t seen the player, it’s very hard for them to shake that mental image.

I sense that with Miller a little bit. That worries me in the sense that I’ve seen what happens when this board thinks it is getting more than it is likely to end up with. And that might not be fair to Miller.

Reactions: ponzu4u

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Kravtsov

Would add in Henriksson this round. Solid SHL player at 19, trusted by his coaches in big spots. Would probably vote for him over some guys already on the list (Schneider and Robertson). Both those guys are really good prospects, but I think Henriksson is more accomplished and has true 2nd line center potential

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad