Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Rankings: (Fall 2020) - #12

Who should be the higher ranked prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
On a skill by skill level, yeah.

On a translation to the NHL and having the tools to fill a role? I'm not quite as sold on that.
Fair question. I like Henriksson a lot so I’m biased lol. I think he could be a great support center if he can translate though. Rangers have tons of talented wingers and Henriksson played with Raymond and Holtz a lot. Both very skilled obviously.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Fair question. I like Henriksson a lot so I’m biased lol. I think he could be a great support center if he can translate though. Rangers have tons of talented wingers and Henriksson played with Raymond and Holtz a lot. Both very skilled obviously.

Henriksson is intriguing because if he was 2 inches taller and 15 pounds heavier, it probably makes him a little easier to project.

But when you start getting into that 5'9, 180 range, without blazing speed, or higher-end offensive ability, the hill starts to get a little steeper.

That was the difference for guys like Doug Weight and Marc Savard --- neither was a speedster, but they had damn near elite offensive IQs. Weight also had a bit of heft to him.

Maybe a Yanni Gourde type? Maybe even a time frame that isn't too far off of Gourde's?

Henriksson is hard for me. I see attributes there, and they're good. I just don't know how they all come together yet as a North American pro.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad