Väisänen, KalleLW
01/28/03​
6'4"
203​
HC TPS/LiigaDrafted R4 #106 2021

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
There is about a 10% chance that a single player remaining still in the 'add' category becomes a full time NHLer.

I guess add Mancini? Decent range, could be a #7.

• Wow
Reactions: Clark Kellogg

Kendo

Jun 16, 2006
The Hamburger Train.
BMB. Add Korczak.

I think Korczak will develop more of an offensive game than Edstrom, Henriksson, Rempe, or whatever C's he's jockeying with for ice time, but I'm well aware that it could mean he tops out as a AAAA guy instead of "an NHL 4th liner" like Edstrom.

I am absolutely enamored by Rempe from the Wolf Pack videos on Twitter. Did you guys see the video "You are running a music festival, who's headlining?" Some fun answers, I think Blidh said DJ Mika, but Rempe goes last. "First, we're gonna get a Philharmonic Orchestra and play some absolute bangers like Swan Lake." I fkn love this kid.

I have never rooted harder for a 20 year old to make it as 13F in the NHL. He's easily my next add, but that's a moot point since I'm pretty sure he's getting in.

Reactions: bhamill

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
BMB. Add Korczak.

I think Korczak will develop more of an offensive game than Edstrom, Henriksson, Rempe, or whatever C's he's jockeying with for ice time, but I'm well aware that it could mean he tops out as a AAAA guy instead of "an NHL 4th liner" like Edstrom.

I am absolutely enamored by Rempe from the Wolf Pack videos on Twitter. Did you guys see the video "You are running a music festival, who's headlining?" Some fun answers, I think Blidh said DJ Mika, but Rempe goes last. "First, we're gonna get a Philharmonic Orchestra and play some absolute bangers like Swan Lake." I fkn love this kid.

I have never rooted harder for a 20 year old to make it as 13F in the NHL. He's easily my next add, but that's a moot point since I'm pretty sure he's getting in.
Rempe also has the same number of points as Korczak right now

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I know. "Will develop." Henriksson has more points than either, and I don't have him above either in my ranking.
Sure. But Rempe has a clearer path than both to the NHL. Even if he is just a beat ‘em up 4th liner that’s better that players that haven’t proven they can score or grind better than the players that they will be competing for those spots over

Kendo

Jun 16, 2006
The Hamburger Train.
Sure. But Rempe has a clearer path than both to the NHL. Even if he is just a beat ‘em up 4th liner that’s better that players that haven’t proven they can score or grind better than the players that they will be competing for those spots over
Yeah. You quoted me saying that same thing. The AAAA caveat with Korczak. Remps has a clearer path to a 12/13F role. I love the kid. I agree with you, but voted the other way despite the admitted bust potential. S'all good.

If you just want to make the point "Rempe AINEC," I disagree and think it's pretty close. I don't begrudge anyone saying add Rempe, the vast majority, of which I'm well aware. Again, he would have been my next add anyway.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I suspect Matthew is going to find his way to the NHL one day. It may not be with us but for a 21 year old 6'8 240 lb. (or something like that) guy who can more than keep up with an AHL pace (even if a bit awkward skating but that's par for the course for guys with his height at his age) and be a regular every day player and bang in points now and again and fight as well as he does he's going to get a chance if not with the Rangers with someone else. I could see this guy playing 200 or more NHL games before his career is over....at least barring any major injury. And there are other components to his physical game.....he hits really well and often and he doesn't mind agitating and getting under skins. That's a Ryan Reaves even Tom Wilson thing.

For a 6th rounder he's turning out really really well. Even that we're even still talking about him from the day we drafted him. I remember a lot of us thinking back then 'Wow! This guy's going nowhere. Why the hell did we draft him?'

Reactions: bhamill

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
I suspect Matthew is going to find his way to the NHL one day. It may not be with us but for a 21 year old 6'8 240 lb. (or something like that) guy who can more than keep up with an AHL pace (even if a bit awkward skating but that's par for the course for guys with his height at his age) and be a regular every day player and bang in points now and again and fight as well as he does he's going to get a chance if not with the Rangers with someone else. I could see this guy playing 200 or more NHL games before his career is over....at least barring any major injury. And there are other components to his physical game.....he hits really well and often and he doesn't mind agitating and getting under skins. That's a Ryan Reaves even Tom Wilson thing.

For a 6th rounder he's turning out really really well. Even that we're even still talking about him from the day we drafted him. I remember a lot of us thinking back then 'Wow! This guy's going nowhere. Why the hell did we draft him?'
Yeah. Rempe is almost certainly going to be at least a semi regular in the NHL, if not with us, then another team. He skates better than a few of our bottom sixers already, and plays a grinding game on top of the fighting stuff. He gets in and throws checks and is afraid of NO ONE. Teams love to carry a HW, it’s just there aren’t many who can keep up and contribute, and you can’t keep a guy in the lineup whose only contribution is dropping the gloves. Rempe, possibly as soon as sometime next year, but maybe later, will be able to play 4th line NHL minutes, regardless of the fighting.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Yeah. Rempe is almost certainly going to be at least a semi regular in the NHL, if not with us, then another team. He skates better than a few of our bottom sixers already, and plays a grinding game on top of the fighting stuff. He gets in and throws checks and is afraid of NO ONE. Teams love to carry a HW, it’s just there aren’t many who can keep up and contribute, and you can’t keep a guy in the lineup whose only contribution is dropping the gloves. Rempe, possibly as soon as sometime next year, but maybe later, will be able to play 4th line NHL minutes, regardless of the fighting.

It would seem the Rangers have done a lot of development/prep work with Rempe and that's he's probably a good listener as you can see just in his skating how much better it is than the first time we laid eyes on him. He plays a role and gets regular ice time.....he's worked on weaknesses and made them better.....and is not just out there getting into fights. Another thing he does is go to the net and that's a big big obstacle to have to move out of the way if you're an opposing defenseman. Part of what you look for from young players who you hope to turn into support players is that they'll take on roles and Rempe seems more than willing to adapt his game but he's not the only forward in Hartford....a lot of them are doing that including Othmann and Berard but Edstrom, Sykora's games are built around fitting into roles also. It's been an issue for us in the past and players have gotten lost in our organization because they wouldn't do enough to adapt their games for lesser roles. It doesn't seem a problem anymore.

There are some things about our current team right now that are disappointing but as an organization looked on as a whole I think we're making excellent progress with young and developing players particularly our prospect forwards that should bring dividends in the next 1 to 5 years. I'm skeptical that we can incorporate all of them into the mix but still I feel very good about our future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad