Injury Report: Rangers Prospect Poll: #24

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Skapski easily won the #23 spot and D Sam Noreau is added to the poll.

Please write who you want added to the poll, and give a reason for it. This makes the discussion here more lively.

THE RULES

WHO IS A PROSPECT: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/whatmakesaprospect

HOW TO RANK PROSPECTS: Based on their value in a hypothetical trade or waiver draft. This takes into consideration a prospect's ceiling, how close he's to making it, his health, work ethic, the whole deal. Imagine there was a prospect waiver draft and you could keep only one prospect. That guy is our #1 prospect. Then imagine we had one more waiver protection. That guy is our #2 prospect.

TOP PROSPECTS

1. C J.T. Miller
2. D Brady Skjei
3. LW Anthony Duclair
4. D Dylan McIlrath
5. RW Jesper Fast
6. LW Pavel Buchnevich
7. C Oscar Lindberg
8. D Conor Allen
9. RW Danny Kristo
10. RW Ryan Haggerty

SECOND TIER

11. G Brandon Halverson
12. C Adam Tambellini
13. LW Marek Hrivik
14. C Boo Nieves
15. D Ryan Graves
16. LW Ryan Bourque
17. D Petr Zamorsky
18. C Keegan Iverson
19. D Mat Bodie
20. G Igor Shestyorkin

PROJECTS & SUSPECTS

21. C Michael St. Croix
22. RW Richard Nejezchleb
23. G Mackenzie Skapski

Mackenzie Skapski
Goalie
Born Jun 15 1994 -- Abbotsford, BC
Height 6.03 -- Weight 192

2013-14 Kootenay Ice WHL 53GP 2.70 28-20-4 1483 0.916 SV%

6367564213_8e8e5cfed7_z.jpg

PROSPECTS ELIGIBLE TO BE ADDED

Donnay, Troy
Fogarty, Steven
Kantor, Michael
Missiaen, Jason
Nanne, Tyler
Nicholls, Josh
Yogan, Andrew

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Voted for Hughes who had a strong rookie season in Hartford. He's a bit like Sauer, and just like Sauer will fly under the radar until he makes it.

Add Yogan. He had a solid rookie season with .5 points per game in the AHL, but ran into a sophomore slump. Still he was dominant in the ECHL, even in the playoffs when a lot of AHLers were in the ECHL, and all the crappy teams were out.

Yogan is big, a good skater and has a hard shot. He's kind of the Kreider of the AHL, complete with Kreider's early struggles. He will never be as good, but as a speedy power forward, he has a legitimate chance to play in the NHL.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Oops, wrong headliner. Chose injury report instead of prospect info. Mods please change it.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Voted for Hughes who had a strong rookie season in Hartford. He's a bit like Sauer, and just like Sauer will fly under the radar until he makes it.

Add Yogan. He had a solid rookie season with .5 points per game in the AHL, but ran into a sophomore slump. Still he was dominant in the ECHL, even in the playoffs when a lot of AHLers were in the ECHL, and all the crappy teams were out.

Yogan is big, a good skater and has a hard shot. He's kind of the Kreider of the AHL, complete with Kreider's early struggles. He will never be as good, but as a speedy power forward, he has a legitimate chance to play in the NHL.

Calle.
Also agree Add Yogan. Agree w/above except for exaggeration of Yog's speed.
This is our last year w/contract. Hope we don't lose him for nothing.
Kick ass and make 4th line in camp, or put in a deal for some value returned.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Calle.
Also agree Add Yogan. Agree w/above except for exaggeration of Yog's speed.
This is our last year w/contract. Hope we don't lose him for nothing.
Kick ass and make 4th line in camp, or put in a deal for some value returned.

Yogan has a year left to redeem himself. I think it's possible. Right now he has no trade value.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Mantha, add Fogarty.
A righty 2-way center with size, we may see his offensive potential this season. Not that he'll be an offensive star, but he'll be a junior now, and should have the icetime and the readiness to be more frequent contributor on O.

wow i'm really out of synch with the community, on my list re D, i have Hughes, Mantha and Walcott all ahead of Andersson, who's dominating the D votes this round. Not behind the others by much, and he is still younger than Hughes and Walcott.
That system depth is key.
Despite how much we believe in these kids, if 5 or 6 of NYR's 13 D prospects each play 100 NHL games, that would be exceptional.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Mantha, add Fogarty.
A righty 2-way center with size, we may see his offensive potential this season. Not that he'll be an offensive star, but he'll be a junior now, and should have the icetime and the readiness to be more frequent contributor on O.

wow i'm really out of synch with the community, on my list re D, i have Hughes, Mantha and Walcott all ahead of Andersson, who's dominating the D votes this round. Not behind the others by much, and he is still younger than Hughes and Walcott.
That system depth is key.
Despite how much we believe in these kids, if 5 or 6 of NYR's 13 D prospects each play 100 NHL games, that would be exceptional.

I agree with you. Since we drafted Calle Andersson he has not impressed me a whole lot. I'd rank him below all of Hughes, Mantha and Walcott as well.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Nanne should've stuck to playing center if he hopes to make the NHL. How many 5-10 defensemen are there in the NHL?

Tobias Enstrom, Kimmo Timonen, Francis Bouillon, Torey Krug and Brian Rafalski are the only ones who come to mind.

It's hard enough making it as a 5-10 forward, it's 10 times more difficult making it as a 5-10 defenseman.

vipernsx

Flatus Expeller
Sep 4, 2005
Hughes, the guy's got a year of pro experience, so that's got to show for something.

Add Missiaen

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
Beacon, surely there must be a way to demean Crosby without the casual misogyny?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad