Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect poll: #19

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
D Tarmo Reunanen won round 18 and G Tyler Wall is added to the poll.

WHO IS A PROSPECT: We can't all have different standards based on what we each want personally, so we follow HF rules. The standard for what's a prospect is here: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/whatmakesaprospect

Please write-in who you think should be added to the poll.

TOP PROSPECTS

1. LW/RW Pavel Buchnevich
2. LW Jimmy Vesey
3. D Brady Skjei
4. G Igor Shesterkin
5. D Dylan McIlrath
6. D Ryan Graves

SECOND TIER

7. G Mackenzie Skapski
8. RW Robin Kovacs
9. C/LW Cristoval Nieves
10. D Adam Clendening
11. D John Gilmour

THIRD TIER

12. D Sean Day
13. LW Ryan Gropp
14. RW Nicklas Jensen
15. LW Malte Stromwall
16. C Adam Tambellini
17. G Brandon Halverson
18. D Tarmo Reunanen

Tarmo Reunanen
Defense -- shoots L
Born Mar 1 1998
Height 6.00 -- Weight 178

2016-17 TuTo Turku Mestis 14 0-5-5 12PIM

maxresdefault.jpg

PROSPECTS ELIGIBLE TO BE ADDED:

Andersson, Calle
Bernhardt, Daniel
Chapie, Adam
Donnay, Troy
Fogarty, Steven
Fontaine, Gabriel
Gettinger, Tim
Hellberg, Mangus
Hughes, Tommy
Nanne, Tyler
Ronning, Ty

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Hope Zboro gets this one.

Add Fontaine.

I know Gettinger just drafted in the 5th round, but I'm not that hopeful about him because huge forwards who are drafted late rarely make it: everyone decent goes very early. He also had a very slow start. Ronning is tiny and wasn't drafted until the 7th round. Fontaine has good size, showed improvement every year and now had a hot start with 5 points in 3 games.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
These rankings feel way off with guys like Huska and Zboro still unranked.

Hope Zboro gets this one.

Add Fontaine.

I know Gettinger just drafted in the 5th round, but I'm not that hopeful about him because huge forwards who are drafted late rarely make it: everyone decent goes very early. He also had a very slow start. Ronning is tiny and wasn't drafted until the 7th round. Fontaine has good size, showed improvement every year and now had a hot start with 5 points in 3 games.

Just for the record, you were ******** on Fontaine when we drafted him.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Just for the record, you were ******** on Fontaine when we drafted him.

We are choosing a guy who will be ranked somewhere around #25 in this year's bunch, so we are not talking about blue chippers no matter who we add. But of the remaining prospects, I like Fontaine best. If I liked him better, I would've voted to add him a bunch of rounds ago, and in fact, I argued to add Wall ahead of him despite Wall being drafted later. I hope Fontaine can keep up the current pace: 5 points in 3 games (or 113 in 68 games) is not outrageous for a prospect in his last year of Junior eligibility in the QMJHL, the least defensively-responsible of the three Junior leagues. He probably won't keep up this pace, but I hope he can get 80-90 points at least.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
So I think we all feel a couple of players are ranked inappropriately. Who really stands out to everyone? I personally would not have Jensen or Stromwall on the list yet. Zboro, Hrivik, Paliotta and the two goalies should all go before them IMO. Other than that, I might have Kovacs a bit lower, Reunanen a bit higher. And though I voted for him where he is, I might also bump McIlrath down a couple slots to the top of the 2nd tier.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad