Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect poll: #17

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
C Adam Tambellini won round 17. C/LW Marek Hrivik is added to the poll.

WHO IS A PROSPECT: We can't all have different standards based on what we each want personally, so we follow HF rules. The standard for what's a prospect is here: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/whatmakesaprospect

Please write-in who you think should be added to the poll.

TOP PROSPECTS

1. LW/RW Pavel Buchnevich
2. LW Jimmy Vesey
3. D Brady Skjei
4. G Igor Shesterkin
5. D Dylan McIlrath
6. D Ryan Graves

SECOND TIER

7. G Mackenzie Skapski
8. RW Robin Kovacs
9. C/LW Cristoval Nieves
10. D Adam Clendening
11. D John Gilmour

THIRD TIER

12. D Sean Day
13. LW Ryan Gropp
14. RW Nicklas Jensen
15. LW Malte Stromwall
16. C Adam Tambellini

Adam Tambellini
Center -- shoots L
Born Nov 1 1994 -- Edmonton, ALTA
Height 6.03 -- Weight 191

2015-16 Hartford Wolf Pack AHL 74 17-15-32 24PIM

hitmen-vs-brandon.jpg

PROSPECTS ELIGIBLE TO BE ADDED:

Andersson, Calle
Bernhardt, Daniel
Chapie, Adam
Donnay, Troy
Fogarty, Steven
Fontaine, Gabriel
Gettinger, Tim
Hellberg, Mangus
Hughes, Tommy
Nanne, Tyler
Paliota, Michael
Ronning, Ty
Wall, Tyler

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Gotta add Tyler Wall. Started his college career with a real bang. Three games, only 3 goals. Goalie of the Week. Looking good. I know he played in a lower league last year, but you can only be the best, can't do better than the best. And he was. He had by far the best GAA and SV% in his league, proving he's too good for it.

Zborovskiy needs to be up there already. There's no way we have guys whose value is higher than that of someone who was drafted in the third round and then improved significantly after that. At a minimum, Zboro is worth the 3rd we spent on him. There's no way any of the remaining prospects would bring back a third rounder in a trade, and Zboro would probably bring back more than that right now. Tarmo was just drafted in the 4th and nothing suggests he improved so much, his value shot up. Halverson was drafted in the second, but he's stunk it up since then. Morrison is a small guy without particularly high skill, so I don't see him playing in the NHL. The only prospect here besides Zboro that I can see liking is Huska.

Zboro improved last season, did well in Traverse and now he's scoring almost a point per game, which is good for a 6-foot-4 defenseman. He also leads the WHL in +/-. He's not McIlrath-tough, but he doesn't shy away from contact and plays a pretty physical game. A lot of it was missed in Traverse because he's a teenager and his body didn't fully fill out, so it was difficult for him to be overly physical against adults, but he plays pretty tough against kids his own age, and once his body fills out, Zboro will be able and willing to be tough with his opponents.

The combination of size, hard shot and generally intelligent play should make him a prospect to watch.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Zboro.

Add Ronning. I like what I've seen from him in his goal videos so far. Quick, shifty, good hands, and has a wicked wrister. He also gave a good showing at Traverse. I like him.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Halverson. Add Paliotta
(you're giving me Groundhog Day week ...

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Need more people to post whom to add to the poll. We still have a ton of worthy candidates. Most of this year's draftees, Paliotta, Fogarty are legit prospects who aren't on the board yet. Personally I find Wall intriguing

Last edited:

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Add Paliotta

Most of the picks at this point are washes to me. Not much that separates them.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00