Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect poll: #14

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Gropp doesn't play a very physical game in the W, but I recall Gordie stating that he sees Gropp as a power forward when he drafted him.

He certainly has the size to be a power forward...and it would really benefit him to start playing a more physical game (i.e. - push people around more...cut in to the net harder when he is streaking down the wing). There is still hope that he can develop that style. He also has a nice wrist/snap shot and has a very quick release. Can get off his shot quickly from just about anywhere. Gropp can also turn on the jets when he needs to. We don't see it much in the limited highlights we get to view, but Gropp is a fast skater.

So basically, he has desirable tools. Size, Speed & Shot. He just needs to play a more courageous, physical/power game. If he can do that, we might have an NHLer on our hands.

Gropp add Skapski

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
... Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but could someone please explain this upside that Gropp supposedly has, what in his game screams NHL top 9er? Is there anything except the fact that NYR reached and got him in the 2nd round that points to him having this upside?

i think you're missing the point, that people come for different reasons, with different mind-sets

Many folks here (god bless you, i don't know how you find the time) take this all very seriously and make effort to watch a lot of junior, minor, college and Euro hockey.
And take the performance of these kids at 18-20 as an opportunity to analytically project their pro hockey future.

But for many of us, this where we come for a relaxing diversion.

And many fans maintain faith in ALL the prospects, that they'll reach their potential and become Rangers we love to root for.
They're part of our team's system, maybe part of NYR's future, and we wish them the best, and give them the benefit of the doubt.

me, i love the promise of the kids. My avatar here is a Simo Saarinen jersey. But his career as an NHL'er ended just as it was beginning, and i suspect most folks here have no idea who he was.

a couple weeks back, Brodie Dupont had a good game vs 'Pack, right after being named AHL Player of the week. I was glad to see his name, and happy for his success.

I wouldn't tell anyone to lighten up on their commitment or hobby.
But maybe lighten up some on your brethren here, we're not all here with identical intensity or interests

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad