Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Poll: #13

Who is our #13 Prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
D Alexei Bereglazov won round 12. D Brandon Crawley is added to the poll.

WHO IS A PROSPECT:

SKATER PROSPECT: A player 24 or younger with 50 or fewer NHL games.

GOALIE PROSPECT: A player 25 or younger with 25 or fewer NHL games.

EXCEPTION 1: If a player completed the required 50/25 games, but is still not regarded as an NHL regular because he's shuffling between the NHL and the AHL, he could still be a prospect as long as he's 24 or younger and if agreed upon by most people here.

EXCEPTION 2: A player who is no older than 25 years old at the time of the vote and is a borderline NHLer could still count if agreed upon by most people here.

Please vote on who to add to the next round of polling.

Alexei Bereglazov
Defense
Born Apr 20 1994
Height 6.04 -- Weight 192

2017-18Magnitogorsk MetallurgKHL21GP0222PIM
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

PROSPECT RANKINGS

1. G Igor Shesterkin
2. C Lias Andersson
3. C Filip Chytil
4. D Anthony DeAngelo
5. RW Vinni Lettieri
6. D Ryan Graves
7. C/LW Boo Nieves
8. D Neal Pionk
9. D Sean Day
10. RW Ty Ronning
11. C Morgan Barron

AVAILABLE TO BE ADDED

GOALIES

G Alexandar Georgiev
G Brandon Halverson
G Chris Nell
G Tyler Wall

DEFENSEMEN

D John Gilmour
D Sergey Zborovskiy
D Tarmo Reunanen
D Vince Pedrie

FORWARDS

C Adam Tambellini
RW Daniel Bernhardt
LW Dawson Leedahl
C Dominik Lakatos
RW Nicklas Jensen
C Steven Fogarty
LW Tim Gettinger
RW Tyler Nanne

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Gabriel Fontaine. I really don't want to vote for Huska yet. The truth is that only the top 10-12 or so goalies have any value. I just don't see how Huska is on track for that. In fact, is Huska on track to be a top-30 goalie (starter)? Probably not. Every team has multiple goalie prospects that are equal or better.

That said, add Georgiev. He's only a year older than Huska, but he's already done really well in the Liiga and stuck in the AHL so far. If Huska is getting votes already, Georgiev should at least be added to the poll.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Are we going through the whole AHL list - I`ve notion that many won`t play NHL? :)

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Are we going through the whole AHL list - I`ve notion that many won`t play NHL? :)

You never know. Hagelin was once our #30 prospect and Talbot was an Honorable Mention who didn't make it into the top-30. Sometimes your #1 prospect doesn't make it (e.g. Grachev) and your hopeless guys do. I heard our 7th round scrub who was also an unpredictable goalie (who tend to bust the most) made it a dozen years ago. Some Swedish guy.

Reactions: Ori

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
Think it's weird that Gropp is getting votes here, Fontaine has outplayed him in Hartford, i also obviously (since i voted for him) think Virta is better, i'd also rate Huska higher and probably Gettinger too.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Think it's weird that Gropp is getting votes here, Fontaine has outplayed him in Hartford, i also obviously (since i voted for him) think Virta is better, i'd also rate Huska higher and probably Gettinger too.

Came down to Gropp and Fontaine for me. I would agree that Fontaine is the most likely NHLer, but since Gropp has been free of Selleck hasn't he put up like 0.5 GPG and 0.75 PPG? I admit those numbers are very roughed, but it's enough to give me hope that he still has a decent chance at being an effective complimentary scorer at the NHL level.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
Came down to Gropp and Fontaine for me. I would agree that Fontaine is the most likely NHLer, but since Gropp has been free of Selleck hasn't he put up like 0.5 GPG and 0.75 PPG? I admit those numbers are very roughed, but it's enough to give me hope that he still has a decent chance at being an effective complimentary scorer at the NHL level.

Gropp is on the PP, which is why he's getting more points i'd argue... his GF% is abyssmal while Fontaines is good... Both had about the same amount of Selleck..

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Gropp is on the PP, which is why he's getting more points i'd argue... his GF% is abyssmal while Fontaines is good... Both had about the same amount of Selleck..

And because of Gropp's shot, he will get PP time if he makes the NHL too. I've never understood why 5v5 scoring is used to judge a player's worth once they are playing professionally.

I would expect Fontaine to do better when put in that fourth line checking role though; he projects to be a bottom six defensive forward, whereas Gropp needs to be complimentary to skilled guys.

Honestly, it's near a coin flip for me, but the gap between each of them making it is not so large as for me to shy away from the more one-dimensional 20-25 goal guy as opposed to Fontaine, who has a skillset that is easier to find.

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
Honestly, it's near a coin flip for me, but the gap between each of them making it is not so large as for me to shy away from the more one-dimensional 20-25 goal guy as opposed to Fontaine, who has a skillset that is easier to find.
I'm very happy with both Fontaine and Crawley spending the season in the A as true 20 year olds. I'm with you here on Gropp, I voted for him because of the big league shot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad