Rumor: Rangers potentially sign Marek Mazanec

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
I very much doubt this has anything at all to do with Pavelec. This feels like a Wolf Pack move, they're struggling and might be good to have an experienced goalie down there. Hartford is a train wreck so i wouldn't put much blame on the goalies, but having two fairly young rookies is a bad situation.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I said all offseason that I was expecting us to sign an established goalie to play in Hartford (even if established just meant a good AHL guy) since we almost always have one and I was really surprised when we didn't. We ice a young squad down there and I guess that was the plan in net as well, and while both Georgiev and Nell have had their moments neither has been consistently good. If this guy can help stabilize the situation down there, it would be great.

Shockingly signing Pavelec was a bad idea. Glad they're starting to put that together.

This guy, over his brief NHL career, is 8-13-4 with a 2.98 GAA and .898 SV%. I don't think he's here to replace Pavelec.

Last edited:
Reactions: Osminator

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Mazanec is likely a Hartford move. Probably a Pack starter, which makes Georgiev fit better in a role as a backup, and Nell needs ECHL time. This also gives the Swamp a competent goalie because they really can't stop the puck there. One move stabilizes both Hartford and Greenville.

Jablkon

May 23, 2014
Czech Republic
I said all offseason that I was expecting us to sign an established goalie to play in Hartford (even if established just meant a good AHL guy) since we almost always have one and I was really surprised when we didn't. We ice a young squad down there and I guess that was the plan in net as well, and while both Georgiev and Nell have had their moments neither has been consistently good. If this guy can help stabilize the situation down there, it would be great.

This guy, over his brief NHL career, is 8-13-4 with a 2.98 GAA and .898 SV%. I don't think he's here to replace Pavelec.
I think its a win win for Rangers. He knows he is starting in Hartford. But he is quite old and lost OGs where he would probably go as third goalie. So I think he is highly motivated to get that backup spot.

Osminator

Dec 28, 2005
Vienna, Austria
Bring up Halverson to Hartford as a backup a la Pavelec in NY (plays ever blue moon), Georgiev and Nell go down to the ECHL and battle it out there... AHL level seems a little to much for both at this stage. Would kinda makes sense to me...

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
I guess it's time we all admit Henrik is toast, signing some nobody to come in and take over for Lunkers he's so old and slow now. RIP

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Did anyone ever see anything official with this? It was in a few Czech papers and his agent, former player Michal Sivek, said there were negotiations ongoing.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Did anyone ever see anything official with this? It was in a few Czech papers and his agent, former player Michal Sivek, said there were negotiations ongoing.
Haven't seen anything official. Just this rumor.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad