Pre-Game Talk: Rangers - Panthers (1/2/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
It would be best for everyone if management decided retirement was best for him.

Gotta be realistic with AV and his veterans.

Just rest G for a game- it sounds like his knee can use it, and let McIlrath go. I'd hate for McIlrath to sit weeks at a time and this seems like a perfect opportunity to get him in for a game.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Injury bad enough to keep him out for the longest stretch of games in his career? Better let him keep playing!

ZiGOODejad

intangibles
Nov 30, 2013
It would be an absolute shame if this guy continued to play thru this injury in terms making it worse. Give the guy time to rest Dylan is playing just fine

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
He'll probably just continue to play until his knees just blows up and then he'll be forced to retire. He's a warrior though

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
So Girardi, who was not the quickest of cats at the best if times, gets to stay in the lineup while basically on 1 leg as a perfectly healthy D man continues to sit? Makes sense I guess...

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
So Girardi, who was not the quickest of cats at the best if times, gets to stay in the lineup while basically on 1 leg as a perfectly healthy D man continues to sit? Makes sense I guess...

Screw circumstances. A huge contract equals playing time with Vigno.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I truly don't understand making Girardi play if he's clearly in discomfort. It's ****ing January

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Sat Jan 2, 2016 - Rangers @ Panthers
Tue Jan 5, 2016 - Stars @ Rangers
Sat Jan 9, 2016 - Capitals @ Rangers
Mon Jan 11, 2016 - Bruins @ Rangers
Thu Jan 14, 2016 - Rangers @ Islanders
Sat Jan 16, 2016 - Rangers @ Flyers
Sun Jan 17, 2016 - Rangers @ Capitals

That's quite a stretch of games coming up. Potentially disastrous if we don't figure **** out. Three out of seven games against the two best teams in the NHL. One against the hottest team in the NHL (Panthers). One against a team that beats us often (Bruins)....and two against huge rivals.

Major gut-check on the way.

LGR!

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Agreed, by the end of it I should feel like the Rangers have checked me in the gut.

Seriously...that's a possibility :laugh: . I can easily see us going 2-5 over those 7. If that turns out to be the case, we're in a lot of trouble. Might be playing racquetball early this year.

Was looking for optimistic parallels to last season. None to be had. :(

We were 9-1-0 going into the New Year, and went 7-3 in the first 10 games of 2015. We were beasts.

Now, we're 3-6-1 going in to the New Year, with a brutal stretch of games ahead, and with a bit more parity in the league than there was last season.

Trying hard to be positive....but man this looks ugly. If we can find a way to go 7-3 again, it'll go a long way towards our peace of mind regarding what kind of team we have.

PromNite

Know Your Enemy
Apr 30, 2007
Tampa, FL
Well, Jagr will pot one. Hopefully we can win 2-1 or 3-1. I'm thinking McDonagh scores and Moore keeps up his solid play.

KingP

Mar 24, 2012
New york
G has some good hockey left in him but only if hes somewhat healthy out there. Hes only 31 but hes played a lot of tough hockey. They need to let him rest a few weeks

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Sat Jan 2, 2016 - Rangers @ Panthers
Tue Jan 5, 2016 - Stars @ Rangers
Sat Jan 9, 2016 - Capitals @ Rangers
Mon Jan 11, 2016 - Bruins @ Rangers
Thu Jan 14, 2016 - Rangers @ Islanders
Sat Jan 16, 2016 - Rangers @ Flyers
Sun Jan 17, 2016 - Rangers @ Capitals

That's quite a stretch of games coming up. Potentially disastrous if we don't figure **** out. Three out of seven games against the two best teams in the NHL. One against the hottest team in the NHL (Panthers). One against a team that beats us often (Bruins)....and two against huge rivals.

Major gut-check on the way.

LGR!

Lord God... We're lucky if we won against the flyers and one of those caps games... With Girardi being forced fed minutes on a 50% knee, and McIlrath probably being sat, I foresee a lot of issues...

Anyone else wondering if Girardi starts to consider retirement/life on LTIR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce