Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Oilers November 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Somehow, scoring chances were even.

19 high-danger scoring chances a piece. What is defense?

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Good win and expected to be outshot tonight. Not only because Girardi plays on the top pair but because of playing back-back. When you win the second game of a back-back you cant complain no matter how it happened. Clendening sitting on the bench all night is a joke though. Ridicolous

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Played with 11 forwards and basically short a man because AV likes being an ass (sorry, but Clenedening not playing a second is ****ing stupid). Great game but Raanta.

Big win, character win.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Not happy at all with this team this game. Happy with the result, but they stopped playing after a great 1st period. It was horrible after the first, they just couldn't do anything.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
First period was a lot of fun to watch and the Rangers generated a lot of chances.

Second period was an Edmonton blitzkrieg.

Third period while the puck was mainly in our zone, I thought the team did a good job of defending and ultimately didn't allow many great chances.

Missing two of the teams better forwards and on the second end of a back to back with the backup in net so you gladly take the two points. I'd just like to see more of what we saw in the first rather than the second and third.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Played with 11 forwards and basically short a man because AV likes being an ass (sorry, but Clenedening not playing a second is ****ing stupid). Great game but Raanta.

Big win, character win.

Does anyone know if Clendening took warmups? I wonder if that factored into it. Maybe he didn't feel comfortable using him if he didn't take warmups which is possible considering they had their lineup finalized already.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
Really ****** game imo, but we were short two big time players. Getting 4 points in 2 nights in western Canada is very impressive imo. And with our awful loss against the Caynucks a few days back, there should be blood in the water. I am very concerned about Kreider and Buch, though.

slashtrey

Baller
Dec 23, 2011
At times NYR were embarrassed physically. The team needs some grit or toughness, whether that means adding a player or the current roster playing a bit tougher. Clendening not playing is also pretty quizzical. Why play down a man the whole game?

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
At times NYR were embarrassed physically. The team needs some grit or toughness, whether that means adding a player or the current roster playing a bit tougher. Clendening not playing is also pretty quizzical. Why play down a man the whole game?

Grabner + 3rd for Rinaldo.

It's not a boxing match. No points are being rewarded here for form.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
#1 Raanta
#2 Raanta
#3 Mike Grabbossy

Gotta win fugly sometimes in this leauge folks. Tonight was one of those nights. We just won back to back games in Western Canada. I bet that hasn't happened even a half dozen times in past 20-30 years...seriously. If we can beat 'Nuckleheads which I would be surprised we don't, a sweep of Western Canada not sure has been done more than two three times ever!.

Something special is brewing here...I firmly believe that. Does D concern me a bit? yeah but when you score at worst 3-4 goals a night and you have a Hanky/Raanta combo between the pipes, you can mask any D concerns pretty well. All good in Ranger town. Love this team...love it love it love it!!!

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com

And we won. Both times. Edmonton is one of the biggest, most physical teams in the league.

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
At times NYR were embarrassed physically. The team needs some grit or toughness, whether that means adding a player or the current roster playing a bit tougher.

Didn't seem to affect the outcome of the game. or any game so far this season.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Not happy at all with this team this game. Happy with the result, but they stopped playing after a great 1st period. It was horrible after the first, they just couldn't do anything.

I tend to agree with @SnowblindNYR - it`s a good summary. :)
Raanta & Grabner had my votes - the others can improve next game.
What happen to Kreider & Buch both injured or?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad