Rumor: Rangers new-look Powerplay for Game 3

*Bob Richards*

How is that me contradicting myself I don't understand haha...That's just supporting what I'm saying.

I'm interpreting this as two separate concepts unless you implied differently.

Pierre is right. They are playing every man for himself. There is no structure or teamwork on the PP.

MustarddTiger

May 21, 2013

Pierre is right. They are playing every man for himself. There is no structure or teamwork on the PP.

Alright, and like the way that you just bolded 30% of my post, and responded just to that, you're taking words out of context.

All I was responding to was people blaming it on the coaches. Fine, if you and Pierre think everyone is being too selfish, fine. I wouldn't say that's a problem with the coach....It's just people being ****ing stupid...

TLDR; If you're a playoff hockey team, who wants to win the cup, you score goals when playing 5 on 4...It's simple...unless maybe you're the Bruins team that won the cup a few years ago.

*Bob Richards*

Alright, and like the way that you just bolded 30% of my post, and responded just to that, you're taking words out of context.

All I was responding to was people blaming it on the coaches. Fine, if you and Pierre think everyone is being too selfish, fine. I wouldn't say that's a problem with the coach....It's just people being ****ing stupid...

TLDR; If you're a playoff hockey team, who wants to win the cup, you score goals when playing 5 on 4...It's simple...unless maybe you're the Bruins team that won the cup a few years ago.

How can you not blame it on the coaches? We have had numerous roster changes under Torts in his tenure and the PP is still atrocious.

And, you're really over-simplifying it. If it was as simple as, "just score", it wouldn't be a yearly problem.

MustarddTiger

May 21, 2013

How can you not blame it on the coaches? We have had numerous roster changes under Torts in his tenure and the PP is still atrocious.

And, you're really over-simplifying it. If it was as simple as, "just score", it wouldn't be a yearly problem.

Do you not understand that we had 13 PP goals last year in the playoffs? Clearly our PP stuggles are aligned with the fact that this team this year just is not the same team, bottom line, and it's sad.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
The fact that our power play has been below average for the past several years leads me to believe a good bit of blame can be placed on the coaches.

MustarddTiger

May 21, 2013
The fact that our power play has been below average for the past several years leads me to believe a good bit of blame can be placed on the coaches.

The fact that our PP actually lit up on fire, during the playoffs, to everyones surprise last year, and the fact that our team just sucks this year, we don't have Staal and we're just soft, leads me to believe that you're overreacting about it being all on the coaches, and more the fact that we just suck.

*Bob Richards*

Do you not understand that we had 13 PP goals last year in the playoffs? Clearly our PP stuggles are aligned with the fact that this team this year just is not the same team, bottom line, and it's sad.

If you don't see that as an outlier, then I don't know what to tell you.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
The fact that our PP actually lit up on fire, during the playoffs, to everyones surprise last year, and the fact that our team just sucks this year, we don't have Staal and we're just soft, leads me to believe that you're overreacting about it being all on the coaches, and more the fact that we just suck.

First of all I said a good bit of the blame..I didn't say it's all on the coaches. And interesting that you use the "surprising performance" of a small sample size during last year's playoffs to counter years of sub par power plays.

3rd Guy High

Feb 17, 2010
Pierre had a good point? Listen to yourself.

Don't be so naive about the PP. Who gives a **** about Sully or Torts says. And for ****s sakes, Pierre saying it's every man for himself???? Some, if not most playoff power plays that dominate in the playoffs, are just INDIVIDUALS stepping up, working together, making a smart pass, and lighting the ****ing lamp..

**** the coaches, you are making this way too complicated...5v4 players need to find a way to score, period. It's the ****ing playoffs, 5b4 hockey, score a ****ing goal.

So if you were a coach that's what you'd say to your players? Because this 2 for 39 is the result of coaching like that where you say "just find a way" but don't teach the players how to "find a way".

It's so ****ing simple too. Create 2 on 1s all over the ice. Get open into soft area. Move the puck to where WE can get there first. It doesn't have to be a direct pass. Just somewhere where its a 70/30 puck vs a 50/50 puck. Puck support. ****. It really is embarrassing seeing an NHL level team not do this. There's an age old saying, "Work hard, but smart." If you're not working smart you're going to get what we have.

Players should know all of this by default, and if they don't their coach should be telling them to!! I don't see either out there! So, who gives a **** what Torts or Sully says? The thing is, they're the coaches. They should be telling the players how to fix it. It's pretty clear that a) they're not doing that, or b) they are but have no ****ing clue what theyre talking about. I think it's a combination of the two. For all the tape they do they should have SOMETHING by now. Not a PP that's operating at less than 5% in the playoffs. How embarrassing is that!

*Bob Richards*

Saying our entire PP performance during last years playoffs is an outlier is ridiculous haha.

It was clearly an outlier. It was 23rd in last years regular season. Everything has a hot streak once in awhile. The ****** PP this year even had spurts of greatness.

MustarddTiger

May 21, 2013
First of all I said a good bit of the blame..I didn't say it's all on the coaches. And interesting that you use the "surprising performance" of a small sample size during last year's playoffs to counter years of sub par power plays.

What are you a wannabe statistics major or something? The concept of labeling any playoff performance as an outlier compared to what happens during the regular season is just silly and naive.

MustarddTiger

May 21, 2013
Team is just pathetic compared to last year. Period. Giardi didn't paly well, Hank didn't play well, we didn't have Staal, we didn't have Prust, Duby, Fedo , and Arty? Dorsett was ****ing pathetic in picking up Prust's slack...He finally picks a fight in game two when we're down 5-2???

Let's be real...Team is soft and has no fight...Don't blame the coaches or the PP...We just got outplayed, period.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
What are you a wannabe statistics major or something? The concept of labeling any playoff performance as an outlier compared to what happens during the regular season is just silly and naive.

Not going to waste any more time arguing with you. If you think 20 games is the same as 82 I'm not sure what else can be said.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Last years playoff PP is in the running for biggest outlier

It's competition? Last years season!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad