Rumor: Rangers new-look Powerplay for Game 3

Punxrocknyc19*

Attachments

• 970140_10151492460759858_566043199_n.jpg
    970140_10151492460759858_566043199_n.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 178

Punxrocknyc19*

good to see the NY Rangers are practicing Duck Duck Goose :laugh: it looks like it from this..

Attachments

• 970140_10151492460759858_566043199_n.jpg
    970140_10151492460759858_566043199_n.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 30

Kershaw

Why doesn't Callahan go back to his spot to the right of the goalie to deflect shots under his leg like he used to?

Because Callahan has been playing like he thinks he's Marian Hossa. He is having a lot of issues like Dubi last year who didn't know what role he should be in. What he should be doing is what you said, go to screen goalies and deflect shots. What he is doing is trying to play a skilled, playmaking type game.

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
Because Callahan has been playing like he thinks he's Marian Hossa. He is having a lot of issues like Dubi last year who didn't know what role he should be in. What he should be doing is what you said, go to screen goalies and deflect shots. What he is doing is trying to play a skilled, playmaking type game.

The same thing happened with Gaborik. I'm almost certain that's the same spot Gaborik was in in 2009-10. After that year, I never saw him there again.

Kershaw

The same thing happened with Gaborik. I'm almost certain that's the same spot Gaborik was in in 2009-10. After that year, I never saw him there again.

Agreed. I have no idea what happened to that powerplay, which looked potent with Kotalik MDZ and Gaborik.

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
I played NHL '13 today. Played as the Rangers, got a PP, scored on it and my PS3 spit the disc out and exploded.

RiceCooker

"We Got Some Looks"
Mar 6, 2007
Home !!
It amazes me how much trouble they have controlling the puck in the opposing zone on a Powerplay, (probably because they don't carry it in, they dump it in)....and how easily the other team clears the puck out of the zone,(usually from shots missed high or wide, They desperately need a good pointman)...It's so frustrating because this has been going on for what seems like forever !!

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Start feeding Moore and Stralman one times. Girardi and Del Zotto need to be off the power play. Put Kreider and Hagelin on it. Start giving the speed players the puck for better zone entry. Win offensive zone face offs on the power play.

5 4 Fighting

Registered snoozer
Feb 13, 2013
Bk all day
Tortorella has no clue what kind of system he even has anymore, he just grinds his teeth and hopes for the best,

Realistically, I would want to try this out

Callahan-Brassard-Nash
Richards-Stralman

Zuccarello-Stepan-Boyle
MDZ -McDonagh

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland

Kreider - Brassard - Hagelin
Stralman/Moore - Zuccarello

First line - SKILL UNIT

Callahan - Stepan - Nash
Richards - MDZ

2nd line - JAM UNIT

It might stink - but no doubt that this setup will not get more points than has been achieved so far
None whatsover
But the Clown would never do this
He keeps banging his head against the wall with the same old same old expecting new results. Man is clearly insane

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different
results.
" - Albert Einstein

Punxrocknyc19*

put Christian Thomas on the point on the PP. i heard he has a good shot.. heck at this point they should put Lindberg on the ice instead of Richards.. :help:

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
It only took Torts and Sullivan a couple of years realizing Dan Girardi is not good on the PP. Better late with forever than never I guess. Next mission: throw Richards, Boyle and Del Zotto off the PP.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
They pass the puck around like it's a live grenade. At this point it's more mental than anything else.

Matt4776

May 8, 2009
It only took Torts and Sullivan a couple of years realizing Dan Girardi is not good on the PP. Better late with forever than never I guess. Next mission: throw Richards, Boyle and Del Zotto off the PP.

I'm what many on this board consider to be a "Boyle Hater" (i.e. I think Torts overuses him and he's a great fourth line center that can suitably move up to be a third line winger in case of injury/underperformance, but that's it), but I think he's been a bright spot on the 2nd PP unit this postseason. I see no reason to take him off.

I'd want to see this:

Callahan-Brassard-Nash
Zuccarello-Moore

Once we gain possession, Cally just parks his ass in front of the net. Zucc is a lefty, so he'll play the left point so he can pass all the way across the ice on his forehand. Moore is also a lefty, but we need to get him the shot from the middle of the ice.

Brassard will be Brassard, and Nash will hopefully be Nash.

Only problem here is Brassard will lose 60% of the draws.

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
Hagelin - Stepan - Nash
Stralman - Zuccarello

Kreider - Brassard - Callahan
McDonagh - Moore

:dunno:

It has nothing to do with the players on the ice and everything to do with how it is implemented. I couldn't agree with Pierre McGuire more when he said it in support of Hagelin. He said the schematics were broken.

It's time to try and different format, the coach to finally take some responsibility, and ADJUST. Something he hasn't done his entire tenure in NY.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad