Rumor: Rangers may be looking to sign Colin Suellentrop

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Absolutely give him a contract. Why not? More D depth and it will replace a contract for next season for any of Bickell, Borque, Jean, Haley.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Eh, I don't know. We scout lots of guys, invite plenty to prospect camp, etc. Very few actually earn a contract. Suellentrop isn't very highly regarded among the FA players out there, so I'd be somewhat surprised if we gave him an NHL deal.

Who knows, though. We gave Donnay an ELC, while Dodero only received an AHL deal.

KreiMeARiver*

If the Flyers were so happy with the track he was on, why didn't they sign him?

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
If the Flyers were so happy with the track he was on, why didn't they sign him?

I don't know the story of why but it's not always the team--sometimes the player decides not to sign.

Some players need extra time. If I remember correctly Ryan Callahan was questionable whether to sign him or not. The Rangers did but they also sent him back to the OHL as an overager. And the next year after a big season in the OHL he was just about the first guy sent to the minors. Player development is not always an exact science.

member 116805

Do not know anything about this kid, but the right hand shot and Sauer comparisons sure makes him interesting

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I don't know the story of why but it's not always the team--sometimes the player decides not to sign.

Some players need extra time. If I remember correctly Ryan Callahan was questionable whether to sign him or not. The Rangers did but they also sent him back to the OHL as an overager. And the next year after a big season in the OHL he was just about the first guy sent to the minors. Player development is not always an exact science.

Actually, we drafted Callahan as a 19 year old (he went undrafted the year before). We offered him an AHL contract when he was 20, but he opted to play an overage year and put up 52 goals. We then signed him to an ELC and the rest is history.

vipernsx

Flatus Expeller
Sep 4, 2005
I'm not going to get overly excited about this one until I know more about him. Philly isn't know for having a stellar blueline and a ton of blueline depth. However, I think Holmgren is a horrendous GM, so that might just be a wash.

what's to lose? sign him up.

That's what I thought about Tolchinsky but apparently I was wrong about the 18y/o who's 7th in scoring in the OHL.

Last edited:

StepansLabyrinth

Rational Police
Jul 2, 2009
It's not exactly a sure bet that an undrafted guy turns into Dan Girardi but the chances are there. I'm not going to lose any sleep about missing out on this kid but I would like to see the rangers sign as many Colins as possible (my name is Collin, lol). Every single one of them is a gamer.

Green Blob*

No thank you. No need to waste contracts on ECHL players, at best a bottom pair AHLer.

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
How many player has the club signed, 47? Never heard of him but if he got has some upside why not sign him?

slipknottin

Apr 11, 2011
CT
I dont know anything about him other than two videos where he doesn't fight particularly well against guys smaller than him.

Thats all I can offer as input.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad