Staal • Deangelo

Lundqvist
Pavelec

EZdgzNy.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: SEER, Cor and Ori

NarcoPolo

Jul 16, 2012
So Is Babcock just going to be rolling Borgman and Rosen in and out of the lineup for the sake of getting them both ice time or is he being methodical about using them? Fast team like the rangers, Rosen goes in, physical heavy team like the jets, Borgman goes in?

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
So Is Babcock just going to be rolling Borgman and Rosen in and out of the lineup for the sake of getting them both ice time or is he being methodical about using them? Fast team like the rangers, Rosen goes in, physical heavy team like the jets, Borgman goes in?

I figure the next few games are still try-outs for Moore-Fehr and Rosen-Borgman.... May the best men win...

Babs seems to like consistency in his lineups, so I expect that 2 of these 4 will get the vast majority of the games this season...

Reactions: Rogie

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
Stoked for tonight! Missed season opener!!

The Rangers aren't going to want to start the season 0-2, so I expect a dogfight from them! Hopefully we can match their intensity and come out on top!

Go Leafs Go!!

Rogie

ALIVE
May 17, 2013
Kyoungsan

Sure, it's possible like you say. Or, it could be (it's so early) simply giving both guys a game right away to give them a taste and feel of the NHL before he settles in and starts playing them in stretches.

I always thought Babcock's pattern was to let guys play for longer stretches as long as they're doing what they're suppose to be doing. But, it's so early in the season and s little to go on with both of these guys so far.

I'm not reading anything into Coaches decision on these 2 guys for a while - other than I think he likes them both.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Watching the intro Vegas/Stars game last night made me think about something...Last year the Leafs introduced everyone as a whole team instead of individual players. That was the first time in a while that I remember them doing that (in a while).

Do people care about the individual players being introduced or is it just a useless pre-game activity?

Staying along with this theme, my guess is they do something to recognize the new guys on Legends row.

Pretty stoked for this game though.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Leafs have so many game breakers. Thinking the Leafs should win is such an odd feeling. It's been so long since I was able to feel this way almost every game. Feels good man

mashedpotato

full stack.
Jan 10, 2012
There's more anticipation for this game than the WPG game; which felt almost like an extension of the preseason.

GO LEAFS GO

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
NYR look like a team in decline and likely one of last years playoff teams that fall out this year. IMO

Lets continue our winning ways with a big W tonight.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
Watching the intro Vegas/Stars game last night made me think about something...Last year the Leafs introduced everyone as a whole team instead of individual players. That was the first time in a while that I remember them doing that (in a while).

Do people care about the individual players being introduced or is it just a useless pre-game activity?

Staying along with this theme, my guess is they do something to recognize the new guys on Legends row.

Pretty stoked for this game though.
I don't mind individual introduction during home openers since I think players and coaching staff deserve a moment of spotlight.

The new arena PA announcer does a good job and much prefer him over Andy Frost who announced the players disproportionately.

Last edited:
Reactions: Daisy Jane

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I don't mind individual introduction during home openers since I think players and coaching staff deserve a moment of spotlight.

The new arena PA announcer does a good job and much prefer him over Andy Frost who announced the players disproportionately.

Frost>Ross

Frost had such power in his voice. He sounded excited when announcing a goal.

Ross is too calm. Not that Ross is bad, he's fine, but Frost definitely had a more unique sound

RealRockNRolla

Oct 5, 2017
Not going to be able to stay up and watch this one but think this should be a comfortable win given our speed and firepower. Put plenty of pucks on Lundqvist and we should reap the rewards.

GO LEAFS GO!

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
We'll be facing much better defense and goaltending tonight than in the season opener. It's going to be a battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad