Confirmed with Link: Rangers hire Dan Muse as Assistant Coach

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Very happy to see Drury continue this approach, and I feel a lot better about this staff. The u18s always play fast and with great structure. The offensive skill is obvious with how their top guys have blown the doors off scoring lately.

Please continue to make me look like an asshat for being a miserable bastard this last month, Drury. I’ll gladly eat the crow on it

Do the Rangers have the roster for his style? Will a guy like Panarin buy in or pout?

failure

Nov 25, 2014
Colorado Springs

Attachments

• 49376015_2027865023964836_3456655354165723136_n.jpg
    49376015_2027865023964836_3456655354165723136_n.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 0

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
You can bet good money on Muse being heavily involved in the draft process and subsequently the selection of Gabriel Perreault.
I dunno, he's only been hired for about a week. I doubt he came in and made a huge impact on the Rangers draft preparation. By that time all that shit is already done.
I am sure though that they talked to him a lot about his thoughts on these guys and if he was big on Perreault then that was factored in

I guess I'm not disagreeing but there's only so much you can be involved when you've been on staff for a week

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I dunno, he's only been hired for about a week. I doubt he came in and made a huge impact on the Rangers draft preparation. By that time all that shit is already done.
I am sure though that they talked to him a lot about his thoughts on these guys and if he was big on Perreault then that was factored in

I guess I'm not disagreeing but there's only so much you can be involved when you've been on staff for a week

Muse coached Perreault for the last 2 seasons. He's had several conversations with Ranger scouts while in that capacity as head coach of the US NTDP. The Rangers were most likely leaning towards Perreault based on Muse's comments before joining the Rangers, and last night Muse being at the table gives them that push to just go for him.

Yeah, Muse has only been here for a few weeks but his input for a kid out of the US NTDP will 100% be weighed quite heavily.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Very complimentary article about Dan Muse yesterday in The Atlantic. Vally says he is confident there isn't a coach in the NHL that will outwork him.

Ryan Leonard said showed him what real hockey is. What it takes to become a professional athlete. How to make a living at it. He was awesome. Cant say enough good things about him.

Oliver Moore said, he taught me a lot about my game, where I can fit into a lineuo. He gave me a lot of confidence and just trusted me. He was a strong voice in our room, we all listened to him and soaked up all the information he gave us. For me personally it was the hockey IQ aspect that he helped me with most.

Will Smith who may be drafted #4 said, He really helped my all around game and even off the ice too. If I ever needed to talk about anything he was there. He is awesome as a coach and awesome as a person, so its pretty cool seeing him with the Rangers.

• Love
Reactions: RangersFan1994

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
So how many kids in our system are linked to this guy at this point after the draft? Seems like a lot which is interesting. They may be buying into him as more than just a normal AC

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad