17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
1687372001409.gif

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I said it in the other thread, I really like him. If it were up to me we'd draft at least a couple kids out of the USNTDP or USHL every year. Drury likes the US youth program as well. Muse has won a championship in the USHL and coached the USNTDP team for a few years. I think he'll be a big asset.

Feels like now we have two assistant coaches who profile as future NHL head coaches.

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
Nice. Identifying the right things. Also, this doesn't have the makings of a 1 and done or 2 and done coaching staff. This has the makings of long term team of staff members. Makes sense too since a lot of players become easier to move after this year (Panarin) and the team is still very young. (Othmann, Laf, Kakko, Chytil, Fox, Schneider, Miller, Cuylle, Jones, the first this year, etc.)

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Nice. Identifying the right things. Also, this doesn't have the makings of a 1 and done or 2 and done coaching staff. This has the makings of long term team of staff members. Makes sense too since a lot of players become easier to move after this year (Panarin) and the team is still very young. (Othmann, Laf, Kakko, Chytil, Fox, Schneider, Miller, Cuylle, Jones, the first this year, etc.)
Yes. Feels like both Peca and Muse are potential heir apparents, unless shit goes up in flames.

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
"While in Nashville, he led the penalty kill and worked primarily with the Predators’ forward group."

So does that mean Peca will be responsible for the D and the PP?

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Know nothing about him.

But it’s been a fair compromise. Vet coach and New blood as assistants.

I was worried to get another gallant and Kelly situation

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
At this point, I'd be cool with Laviolette bringing in a known associate. We've already done a good job rounding out the staff.
I mean both guys have a solid pedigree.
If this was it, I’d have no issues, but I’m sure he’s adding one more.
I could see peca being the associate, and him adding one more assistant

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
I like the approach of pairing fresh, younger up-and-coming coaching talent whos worked in development programs with a proven, veteran coach... Although he already served as Lav's assistant in Nashville for 3 years.

Thats a good mix and hopefully Peca and Muse will make their mark not only with the kids, but in Tarrytown with the whiteboard and video room with the entire club.

Last edited:

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Very happy to see Drury continue this approach, and I feel a lot better about this staff. The u18s always play fast and with great structure. The offensive skill is obvious with how their top guys have blown the doors off scoring lately.

Please continue to make me look like an asshat for being a miserable bastard this last month, Drury. I’ll gladly eat the crow on it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad