Not open for further replies.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
For me the top 3 was, in order:
1. Staal
2. Skjei
3. Hayes

I think we clearly deserved to win. We achieved what had to be achieved to score goals. Calgary has a very slow blue-line. Engelland, Wideman, Giordano, Hamilton and so forth. I think we picked them apart. Some really nice passing too. Think we played very well and that Calgary were pretty awful to be honest.

Russian Collusion

Jul 1, 2016
Couple of my observations:
1. Although I agree with some of you that the 3rd period was aggravating to watch, I think it's very telling that Stephan said in the post- game that they sat back in the 3rd. Pretty sure they consciously pulled back the reigns knowing they had a game the next night. Plus, despite theipponent, it's pretty difficult to maintain a high level of play on the west coast, on the road, with a 4 goal lead.
2. Why the hell wasn't Miller getting PK time last year? That shift in the 3rd was downright impressive.
3. Brady Skjei is emerging into what could be our best defenseman. His ability to dance on the blue line and make smart plays has been impressive.
4. I am so glad Girardi and Staal are proving us all wrong right now. Solid effort.
5. Buch is playing so well right now, I'll ignore the one suicidal pass a game.
6. Hank is slowly coming into form.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
1. Although I agree with some of you that the 3rd period was aggravating to watch, I think it's very telling that Stephan said in the post- game that they sat back in the 3rd. Pretty sure they consciously pulled back the reigns knowing they had a game the next night. Plus, despite theipponent, it's pretty difficult to maintain a high level of play on the west coast, on the road, with a 4 goal lead.
2. Why the hell wasn't Miller getting PK time last year? That shift in the 3rd was downright impressive.
3. Brady Skjei is emerging into what could be our best defenseman. His ability to dance on the blue line and make smart plays has been impressive.
4. I am so glad Girardi and Staal are proving us all wrong right now. Solid effort.

i will go even further - it is impossible to maintain 60 minute dominance in any game. I don't know what other teams many local pundits are watching but their standards for Rangers are off as there's not a single team that could thoroughly dominate to their liking on a consistent basis. The Rangers are deservingly at 11-4 but reading some comments in post PGT (I don't even go into GDT once a game starts) you'd think the Rangers would be lucky to be at 4-11.

Last night was as perfect road win on the first night of btb games as there's.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
This is a positive.

Without sounding really stupid, can someone explain what the High Danger CF% is? Is it simply we have more high danger (high quality) scoring chances than the other team?

Man I miss the good old days when I could understand at least half the metrics being used to evaluate team performance. :cry:

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Without sounding really stupid, can someone explain what the High Danger CF% is? Is it simply we have more high danger (high quality) scoring chances than the other team?

Man I miss the good old days when I could understand at least half the metrics being used to evaluate team performance. :cry:
It's shot attempts in this area:

Pz69jqZ.jpg

Semi-related here is the 5-on-5 shot chart for the season so far
tZFnk5R.png

Last edited:

Pfranz94

Jan 16, 2014
New York

That's exactly what High Danger CF% means. We lead the league in this area, which is a huge positive. Don't worry, I struggle to understand some of these stats too :laugh:

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
That's exactly what High Danger CF% means. We lead the league in this area, which is a huge positive. Don't worry, I struggle to understand some of these stats too :laugh:

I think that is what is so confusing. Instead of saying we lead the league in high quality scoring attempts, it is "we lead the league in super new awesome quality stat that gives a really complicated name for a stat that has been around for a long time".

:laugh:

Either way, it is good news.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Suggestion...

An extremely passive forechecking strategy from the opposition would be much more effective against NYR's 4-line stretch-pass strategy.

Our zone entry and puck retrieval have been great and are crucial to the offensive success we have had. If a team sits back and absorbs, it makes it more difficult for our team, should we have to play dump-and-chase.

Really only Kreider and Nash can be expected to outhustle and out-muscle defenders in a disadvantaged situation.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012

They really aren't though. Staal conceded so many shots against, he lost his man several times, Skjei has to cover up his mistakes.

****ing Girardi with a wonderful penalty to blow hanks shutout while he continues to drag McDonagh Down...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad