Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
7a364a5e9b1047daa18bb29ddf743c71.jpg

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
A "what we needed to do vs an inferior team" type of win. We'll take it and get out of Dodge. Love this team. Tougher opponent coming up with the exciting young Edmonton team on tap. I love watching McDavid....he is so friggen good. Pretty good test for us coming up. Though I'd take a 2 out of 3 wins on this western trip, I don't mind getting greedy. Let's win vs Oilers and get revenge on the Canucks.

For me:

#1 star...#76
#2........Hanky
#3........Grabs
#4........All 4 lines

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
This team got a lot more aggressive both offensively and defensively, which is nice. But their brains haven't caught up to their newfound puck retrieval. As soon as they get pucks back they're content to give them away again or do something dumb. It's nice that they've found new efficiency offensively and defensively, but the system has become more *Start, go really fast, grind, come to a complete stop* rather than a well oiled machine. It's concerning.

Like what? Taking out foot off the gas after going up 4-0? Every team does that.

Being stupid defensively.

This team tries to force plays out of their zone constantly and are way to content to give the puck away to complete changes. In the 2nd period, Nick Holden was the last player on the ice while the rest of his unit had completed a change. He throws it away in the offensive zone and completes the change, but needlessly turns possession over to pass on the burden of defending to the next line.

"Dump and change" is an outdated concept that this team dearly subscribes to.

ZiGOODejad

intangibles
Nov 30, 2013
Calgary was just as bad as people say they are. But again we did lose to Vancouver. The speed was evident the first two periods it didn't look like they knew how to defend against 4 lines that can continually cause havoc in the O zone

Pfranz94

Jan 16, 2014
New York
Like what? Taking out foot off the gas after going up 4-0? Every team does that.

I agree with you here. It's 4-0 after 2 periods. Of course the team down 4-0 is going to bring it more. I guess we should going down by 4 more often so our shot attempt numbers look better. I actually like "fancy stats", but some are just rediculous with them.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
You know what they say.

"3-0 is the most dangerous lead in hockey when you're the New York Rangers but not anyone else"

It's fine now because we're scoring 3-4 by the time we're taking the foot off the pedal. If we do this with a 1 or 2 goal lead, then it's a different story. We'll learn that lesson at some point the hard way.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Flames didn't have many prime scoring chances in the first 2 periods while the Rangers did. The third was a classic case of a team letting the foot off the gas pedal in a blowout road game. Not overly concerned.

Morten

May 24, 2014
good game, happy with the win! however not happy with another game first starting tomorrow at 3:30am:shakehead

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
A good bounce back win - still things to improve, but I take 2 pts. :)

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Flames didn't have many prime scoring chances in the first 2 periods while the Rangers did. The third was a classic case of a team letting the foot off the gas pedal in a blowout road game. Not overly concerned.

Yeah. Did not feel like the Flames were coming even close to scoring except the Gaudreau break. Rangers had plenty of chances and pulled back when they went up by 4.

We all know we need another skating puck mover but for now the defense hasn't done a bad job considering the personnel. This isn't like last year where we were giving up slot chances left and right.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

That's true. This game didn't really suck until the third and score adjustments apply.

I just don't think we deserved to be up 4-0 to begin with. It was an even game.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
This isn't like last year where we were giving up slot chances left and right.

they aren't but this is why scoring chances are bad short term data.

the Flames suck. We will face a team that doesn't suck eventually and they'll take those chances.

You need to correct them in games like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad