Rumor: Rangers do nothing at the deadline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Doubt they do anything really,maybe if someone wants pdg or rooney, that's doubtful though, i don't see us making any moves to be honest.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Doubt they do anything really,maybe if someone wants pdg or rooney, that's doubtful though, i don't see us making any moves to be honest.

So this team is happy with a roster that is too inconsistent and too finesse heavy. need a some grit board work and playoff style players for whenever they do make the playoffs. Can’t have a team of all finesse and 3 forewords that plays physical hockey. No soft team has ever advance or won anything in the playoffs

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I don’t think it has anything to do with being happy or not with the roster. Half the forwards need more time in the oven. The other decisions are big ones like what to do with Buch or Strome and they’re not deadline decisions. Buch can be moved at TDL. Strome has another year. What should we be doing, going out and buying for a playoff push? Standing pat makes sense.

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
Eh. Deadline is all about Rentals and Futures. Rangers aren't ready for the former and don't absolutely need the latter. Esp in a draft year where the scouting information is limited. I don't know that they'd get anything higher than a 4th rounder for anyone their willing to sell off. I mean if Coburn gets a 7th. Does Brendan Smith get a 4th? Doubtful. I'm not sure NYR goes out of its way to move a guy for 5th rounder or lower in the draft.

More likely Rangers are looking to make a hockey trade for a top 6 center that would be here for a while.

That's not likely to happen at TDL. But the only wildcard here are teams like Calgary who are likely to blow up parts of their roster before next season. Might they do something now instead of in the summer or at the draft? maybe? But for Gorton to make any trades like that it would almost have to be a no-brainer. Instead he'll likely hold his assets for a bigger deal later.

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
I guess if someone wants one of our expiring contracts I could see it.

There’s a part of me that’s curious what they could get for Blackwell. He’s playing really well, but we have too many wingers right now, and I’m not entirely sure he’s in the long term plans.

Reactions: haveandare

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Some kids are looking better yet the ice time won’t change with this many veterans. With a flat cap teams will likely want inexpensive prospects or current NHLers.

Imo, the Rangers are headed for a potential cap disaster if they resign these vets. You CANNOT keep everybody. Cannot resign Zibby & Buch long term since they resigned Kredier. Not with Panarin making a ton and Trouba.

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
I love Buch, but if someone throws a decent offer our way I think you have to do it. Getting the #1 and #2 pick in back to back drafts allows you for these kind of opportunities. I also think he’s overachieving and so we can sell somewhat high on him. With that said, the returns thus far have been less than enthusiastic. If there isn’t a good offer out there stand pat

Reactions: Daves a mess

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
I love Buch, but if someone throws a decent offer our way I think you have to do it. Getting the #1 and #2 pick in back to back drafts allows you for these kind of opportunities. I also think he’s overachieving and so we can sell somewhat high on him. With that said, the returns thus far have been less than enthusiastic. If there isn’t a good offer out there stand pat

i’m just hoping this isn’t the perfect storm where the Rangers can’t move any vets for decent return so end up overpaying for an Eichel at the cost of half a dozen prospects. All to avoid a log jam. The team can’t play with five lines.

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
i’m just hoping this isn’t the perfect storm where the Rangers can’t move any vets for decent return so end up overpaying for an Eichel at the cost of half a dozen prospects. All to avoid a log jam. The team can’t play with five lines.

Can you imagine if it happens and Kravtsov is going the other way as expected? Guy busts his ass off all year in the KHL, comes here and immediately is a threat out there and next thing you know he’s on a bus to the dreariest city on the East Coast to play for the dreariest team in the NHL :laugh:

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
With that said, the Rangers can certainly stomach such a trade given all their assets but man, will send this forum into chaos for the next month.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007

Look at the deals being made. It's a buyer's market. I don't think we'll get an offer that will make it worth trading Buch.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Can you imagine if it happens and Kravtsov is going the other way as expected? Guy busts his ass off all year in the KHL, comes here and immediately is a threat out there and next thing you know he’s on a bus to the dreariest city on the East Coast to play for the dreariest team in the NHL :laugh:

we would all hate it. Even worse, the Rangers would add likely four other players.

Let’s say the Rangers did pull off that nightmare of a scenario. Can a Buffalo retain a certain percentage of that salary? Even at 30% the guy still makes $7 million per year.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
No reason to make a move just for the sake of making one. If they can move an expiring contract, fine, but it's not like we're landing some wild overpayment for Smith. Will be completely fine if we stand pat.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
anyone think the Rangers take a chance on Domi (or someone like that as far as a reclamation project)from Jackets ???

Last edited:

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Everyone keeps saying "if there's a good offer for Buch, take it"

Well what's a good offer? Cause watching Toronto's 1st this year get thrown around doesn't exactly make me want to scramble to trade Buch. They're obviously very different circumstances - but I don't understand people obsessing like this is a great market.

Buch is a really, really good player. And we're getting towards prospect hugging territory where people want to just trade him so Kravtsov can play on the 1st line. It's stupid.

Reactions: haveandare
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad