Series Talk: Rangers/Craps (Game 1 is Sunday 4/21 @ 3pm ET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
Here. We. Go.

IMG_0363.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
If the Rangers use their speed advantage to force the Caps in to taking penalties, this should be 5-6 game series.

Also, these 6 days off will allow the Rangers to get refamiliar with Lavy's defensive scheme.

Play the Caps tight defensively, they do not have much firepower.

Winnable series, but we need to cut them deep early and step on them until they bleed out

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Rempe vs Wilson will be fun to watch. Rempe has to play now in game 1 over Brodzinski right. Does Chytil return this series?

Lindgren brothers facing each other.

Yes they are related Sam. They are brothers not cousins.- Joe Micheletti
No Chytil. Caps Wilson is to vulnerable heads as flies are to shit. And the league will do everything to provoke it.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
if we are trying to live to our seeding…

The last rangers were the first team to make the finals playing all 21. The Kings that year were the first team to make the finals playing 20.

Need a 5 gamer or better in round 1. Gotta have it.

Let’s get it.

You mean playing 21 games before the Finals?

That's not true. We beat Montreal in 6.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
With Leonard the jump from the NCAA into the NHL playoffs is a large one. More often the guys who go from college to the NHL at end of season like Gauthier and Hutson jump to non playoff teams (or at least it seems to me). In any case there is much more at stake to jump onto an NHL playoff team. A mistake or two by the player for one could lead to his team's exit. When Kreider jumped on to the Rangers I think he got like 5 goals and 7 points in 17/18 (?) games. I think part of what led the Rangers to put him in were injury issues that cropped up right away. There were also games where he seemed completely lost. For instance which man to take on the back check and it might have cost us a game or two. Sometimes he'd be skating around 100 mph not understanding how the play was developing. Kind of showing off his speed without a purpose thing. The next season or two he was back and forth to the minors (and sometimes struggling in the AHL too) and it seemed that Torts had some issues with him. Well he had issues with Zucc too.

Reactions: Larrybiv

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
With Leonard the jump from the NCAA into the NHL playoffs is a large one. More often the guys who go from college to the NHL at end of season like Gauthier and Hutson jump to non playoff teams (or at least it seems to me). In any case there is much more at stake to jump onto an NHL playoff team. A mistake or two by the player for one could lead to his team's exit. When Kreider jumped on to the Rangers I think he got like 5 goals and 7 points in 17/18 (?) games. I think part of what led the Rangers to put him in were injury issues that cropped up right away. There were also games where he seemed completely lost. For instance which man to take on the back check and it might have cost us a game or two. Sometimes he'd be skating around 100 mph not understanding how the play was developing. Kind of showing off his speed without a purpose thing. The next season or two he was back and forth to the minors (and sometimes struggling in the AHL too) and it seemed that Torts had some issues with him. Well he had issues with Zucc too.

Okay looking back at it---Hagelin got suspended for a hit on Alfredsson and then I think it was Chris Neil looking for revenge for that knocked Brian Boyle out (concussion (?) for a couple/three games). Neil would do shit like that. I think the Rangers almost signed him that year too. Ottawa had Matt Carkner (another piece of work) running around too. It turned into a nasty series but that's how the opening for Kreider came about.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Rangers in 5. The Rempe factor will be huge in keeping Wilson in check. Ovi has never been hit by a moving wall in his career, well brother meet the Rempire State Building!

I'm gonna try to get tickets for game 3 or 4
Who's going!?

If Rempe and Ovechkin collide, Ovechkin will not go backwards.

Do some people think playing Rempe will stop Wilson from Wilsoning?

Only those who are unfamilar with reality.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Anything less than a comfortable series win would be a disappointment.

Anything less than a Cup victory will be a disappointment.

However, winning in any manner would be just perfect.

No Chytil. Caps Wilson is to vulnerable heads as flies are to shit. And the league will do everything to provoke it.

The league wants Wilson to injure Chytil, or did I misread that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad